2018 Tickets

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: 2018 Tickets

Post by boff180 »

RS2 wrote:I see P&V tickets are also available for the Tuesday on the event website, so does that mean I now need my Mach3 membership plus a one day P&V for the Tuesday ?

Yes, I checked/clarified the situation with DBH earlier. The Tuesday P&V is not being included in the 2018 FRIAT Mach 3 package.

Andy

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Its worth noting in case anyone has missed it, Mach3 is approaching sell-out now. You have been warned folks.

It'll be interesting to watch how long early bird and super early bird last. I wonder if they'll last into the new year, or be gone in a flash. As I said, interesting to watch.

All in all the event looks tremendous value this year, with so much content packed into the three show days.

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Making my debut as a Mach3-er... (historically a full week but Viewing Villager)

I assume that the Grandstand seating is allocated and notified nearer the time for the show days and the departures? Or did I need to pick a seat when booking my Mach 3?

Surely Brevet will have the answer. :music:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

haha well, maybe beating Brevet to it..

Your grandstand seat number is allocated much nearer the time, in application form number order, which broadly corresponds to first come first served - and give or take some personal preferences where a member may apply for specific positions - the earlier you apply/lower your form number is then the higher up the stand your allocated seat will be.

Welcome to FRIAT - its a great thing and a good bunch of folks.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Hope people have noticed the £20 fee for any changes made to tickets after purchase.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:haha well, maybe beating Brevet to it..

It's FRIAT.....I don't do FRIAT :tongue: :lol:

rdchawk wrote:Hope people have noticed the £20 fee for any changes made to tickets after purchase.

Yep, saw that.....what it doesn't make clear is if that's just if you make changes to the entry tickets ( which would be fair enough ) or if it also applies if you decide to add one of the enclosure packages at a later date.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Thanks folks... I feel all warm and cosy now... :smile:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

RiatMarketing

Post by RiatMarketing »

Brevet Cable wrote:Yep, saw that.....what it doesn't make clear is if that's just if you make changes to the entry tickets ( which would be fair enough ) or if it also applies if you decide to add one of the enclosure packages at a later date.

The £20 fee existed in previous years and is only applied if swapping tickets from one day to another, so long as neither of those days are sold out. Adding an enclosure package after booking admission tickets will not incur this fee.
Air Tattoo Marketing Team

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

:up: Thanks for clarifying that.
아직도 숨어있다

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

Just bought my ticket for Friday,51 pound including shuttle bus,seem reasonable

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Booked Thursday to Monday, might add Tues and Weds once I've spoken to work.
So now the countdown begins!! :-)

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Only just realised the dates of next year's RIAT......anyone superstitious ?? :lol:
아직도 숨어있다

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

[tweet]http://twitter.com/ukairshowreview/status/923565886765699074[/tweet]

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Don't they do that normally ?
아직도 숨어있다

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Well, as the flying is going to be different each day, I've taken the plunge and am going all 3 show days and booked a nice little cottage not too far away to stay in for the weekend!
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

rdchawk wrote:Well, as the flying is going to be different each day, I've taken the plunge and am going all 3 show days and booked a nice little cottage not too far away to stay in for the weekend!

Sounds delightful! :win:
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 »

All three FRIAT packages sold out!!

Wes...

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Brevet Cable wrote:Only just realised the dates of next year's RIAT......anyone superstitious ?? :lol:

Friday 13th, followed by Bastille Day.

Sad times for any French aristocrats who happen to be wandering around the showground.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

After soundly mocking people for rushing out to buy their tickets this early I lost my bottle and got the credit card out and bought mine.

My justification for this 180 degree volte-face is I don't want to miss out on the RAF 100 anniversary show as I doubt I will be here for the 200th (or the 150th for that matter!) and buying 3 days tickets now with the Super Early Bird and multiday discounts 3 days isn't much more than 2 days will if you leave purchasing until later.

On a down side for those of you that stay in hotels/ rented accommodation the sound you can currently hear is probably the hotelier ratcheting up the price even further.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Two things I've noticed with this year's tickets ( yes, I too have already bitten the bullet and got in early )...
1. Top right corner, where it says what ticket it is, now has the order number, person's surname & postcode overprinted on the 'ticket type' text.....don't know why.
2. The personal details section on the top left corner now includes the credit card number used for payment......granted it's only the last 4 numbers which appear on there, but why the hell do they need to put that on there !!
아직도 숨어있다

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Will be interesting to see how everyone copes with a full sell out grandstand! Granted it'll probably be busiest on the Monday. Will certainly require everyone to be considerate. It only takes one person to lean out further than appropriate and everyone to the left of them suffers.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

G-CVIX wrote:Will be interesting to see how everyone copes with a full sell out grandstand! Granted it'll probably be busiest on the Monday. Will certainly require everyone to be considerate. It only takes one person to lean out further than appropriate and everyone to the left of them suffers.

But FRIAT has always been sold out - the only difference here is that its sold out earlier.

Granted, a significantly different flying display on each public day would probably mean more members spent more time in the grandstand. But usually there's only Monday that sees everyone in the enclosure.

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

I tended to think that there were usually some Mach 1 and 2 packages left most years?

Arno 01

Post by Arno 01 »

spellow3010 wrote:Making my debut as a Mach3-er... (historically a full week but Viewing Villager)

I assume that the Grandstand seating is allocated and notified nearer the time for the show days and the departures? Or did I need to pick a seat when booking my Mach 3?

Surely Brevet will have the answer. :music:

With Mach-3 you will be in a seat on the top 2 rows :snack:

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Arno 01 wrote:With Mach-3 you will be in a seat on the top 2 rows :snack:
For sure there are more Mach 3 packages then seats in the top two rows. The only time I did FRIAT (Mach 3) I was in the third or fourth row from the lowest side of the stand.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program