RIAT 2018 Participation Summary Thread

Re: RIAT 2018 Participation Summary Thread

Postby AMB on Sat 17 Mar 2018, 9:55 pm

So far, it looks like a repeat of last year's show!! Cummon, RIAT, it's the RAF's 100th Anniversary. Where are all the air arms that are coming to celebrate this milestone?? :whistle:
Adrian
AMB

Postby Luke28 on Sat 17 Mar 2018, 10:56 pm

Same March comment, different year.
Luke28

Postby boff180 on Tue 03 Apr 2018, 11:04 am

Lovely surprise update :clap:
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby AARDVARK on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 8:37 am

AMB wrote:So far, it looks like a repeat of last year's show!! Cummon, RIAT, it's the RAF's 100th Anniversary. Where are all the air arms that are coming to celebrate this milestone?? :whistle:

Exactly my sentiments at moment ..
AARDVARK

Postby AARDVARK on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 8:41 am

My main concern is a severe lack of any comprehensive history for the RAF in participants...
There will be huge gaping gaps in the whole round up!
AARDVARK

Postby Witchcraft24 on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 8:51 am

Isn't Cosford the place for the "comprehensive history"? I thought RIAT was more about celebrating the RAF in its current form, with current types and squadrons represented.
Witchcraft24

Postby AARDVARK on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 10:18 am

Probably is but it’s still sad situation that just a couple of years back we had a buoyant classic jets scene with Hunters/Meteors/Gnats/Vulcan/Canberra ...all the main types the RAF operated during the Cold War years up and flying and would have made an amazing formation..now all gone!
I seriously have my doubts at present that this show is going to live up to its hype!I just don’t think the RAF have the will or manpower (or airframes for that matter)to really show off a spectacle like they used to,let’s face it they don’t have that many aircraft left anyhow !!
AARDVARK

Postby RIAT Air Ops on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 10:33 am

AMB wrote:So far, it looks like a repeat of last year's show!! Cummon, RIAT, it's the RAF's 100th Anniversary. Where are all the air arms that are coming to celebrate this milestone?? :whistle:

Sorry Adrian, I promise to buck up, remind those overseas air arms of their priorities and whip them into shape :cuppa:
RIAT Air Ops

Postby harkins on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 2:25 pm

RIAT Air Ops wrote:

Sorry Adrian, I promise to buck up, remind those overseas air arms of their priorities and whip them into shape :cuppa:

:lol: That's the spirit!! I recommend getting them in a headlock.
harkins

Postby Berf on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 5:04 pm

Frecce Tricolori self confirm
Berf

Postby vulcan558 on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 11:54 am

Red arrows self confirmed today also.
vulcan558

Postby vulcan558 on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 12:00 pm

AARDVARK wrote:My main concern is a severe lack of any comprehensive history for the RAF in participants...

Correct you have the great warbirds the Bbmf that represent 20 years then a big gap from the start of the jet age. Maybe get a vampire. Then its straight from 1950 to your typhoon.
vulcan558

Postby The Baron on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 12:09 pm

vulcan558 wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:My main concern is a severe lack of any comprehensive history for the RAF in participants...

Correct you have the great warbirds the Bbmf that represent 20 years then a big gap from the start of the jet age. Maybe get a vampire. Then its straight from 1950 to your typhoon.

You mean like the already confirmed Norwegian Historic Flight Vampire pair?
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby harkins on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 12:36 pm

vulcan558 wrote:Red arrows self confirmed today also.

Where have they published their dates? I couldn't see them on their Facebook or Twitter accounts and they're usually the go to places nowadays. I take it there is still no mention of whether they'll be flying as 9 or 8 ship this year?

Scratch that, found it on the official RAF website.
harkins

Postby itfcscott on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 12:38 pm

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Postby vulcan558 on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 2:29 pm

harkins wrote:

Where have they published their dates? I couldn't see them on their Facebook or Twitter accounts and they're usually the go to places nowadays. I take it there is still no mention of whether they'll be flying as 9 or 8 ship this year?

1st place you should look is the official site.
vulcan558

Postby vulcan558 on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 3:23 pm

harkins wrote:

9 ship confirmed. For 2018
vulcan558

Postby jaguar54 on Wed 02 May 2018, 8:17 am

Romanian Air Force MiG-21 now on the flying list. :clap: :clap:
jaguar54

Postby vulcan57 on Thu 31 May 2018, 9:26 am

jaguar54 wrote:Romanian Air Force MiG-21 now on the flying list. :clap: :clap:

Thought it always was?
vulcan57

Postby edhunter on Thu 31 May 2018, 7:45 pm

This thread needs updating missing the bone, buff, Royal Danish air force, Royal Norwegian air force, Royal Netherlands air force and RAF
edhunter

Postby boff180 on Thu 31 May 2018, 7:51 pm

I'm a little busy, will update when I get chance :biggrin: :tongue:
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby Tommy on Thu 31 May 2018, 8:32 pm

edhunter wrote:This thread needs updating missing the bone, buff, Royal Danish air force, Royal Norwegian air force, Royal Netherlands air force and RAF

Goes without saying (so I'm not sure why I'm saying it), but there is the official RIAT participation list available in the meantime if that helps?
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby edhunter on Thu 31 May 2018, 8:35 pm

Tommy wrote:
edhunter wrote:This thread needs updating missing the bone, buff, Royal Danish air force, Royal Norwegian air force, Royal Netherlands air force and RAF

Goes without saying (so I'm not sure why I'm saying it), but there is the official RIAT participation list available in the meantime if that helps?

Indeed there is, but I also like to look at this one.
edhunter

Postby capercaillie on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 1:50 pm

edhunter wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Indeed there is, but I also like to look at this one.

But its a rambling jumbled mess, that looks like its been put together by someone who wears his pants back to front. Just look at the Air tattoo website, its far clearer, more up to date and ultimately will have the same or better information. :dizzy:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby boff180 on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 2:02 pm

It's a list in order of announcement/self-confirm.

Nice to know my efforts are appreciated caper.... won't bother in the future, hell I really can't be arsed to update this now. :tongue2:
boff180
UKAR Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo