Pimms or Cotswold enclosure

Pimms or Cotswold enclosure

Postby Minigill on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 6:17 pm

After spending all afternoon searching for accommodation, its now time to book the tickets !

Doing a 2 day, one planned for static and wandering, other sat down in an enclosure all day ! Its our first visit to RIAT and after the cost of two days, enclosure & accommodation, prob the last one :)

Not much price difference between Pimms & Cotswold, is there anything that sets the two apart to consider ? Won't be taking pics as I am rubbish with long zooms and sold the bigger lenses ! So for a change, will sit back and enjoy the flying without starting into a viewfinder looking for a plane and then getting it out of focus ! :lol:

Are the director type chairs comfy ? Probably leaning towards Cotswold, but thought I would ask incase one is a better choice so to speak.

Thankyou :)
Minigill

Re: Pimms or Cotswold enclosure

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 6:40 pm

Neither are particularly aimed at the enthusiast - more about comfort in your day out - and if the show ground layout is the same as previous years they're located up at the runway end in the red zone. You'll get a decent - but nowhere near the best - view, although you're close to landings if they're using that end.

The Viewing Village is much more central, and the garden section is comfortable and laid back. You won't be pampered quite as much as the Cotswold or Pimms though.

Previously, Pimms has been the closest to crowd line end.

I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go, its not that far to display centre.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby Minigill on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 6:55 pm

Thanks for the info ! Hadn't thought about VV Garden seat area.... adds this to the consideration list :smile:
Minigill

Postby FullCarrot on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:10 pm

I tried the Pimms Flight Deck for the first time last year (my first ever enclosure), I found it to be very good indeed, the food provided was to a very good standard and the portions were enough to give me a full plate of food. Plenty of seating for everyone and nobody was shoving for space.
Own toilets for the enclosure so no queuing for a ridiculous amount of time to answer a call of nature.

Photography wise I actually thought it was brilliant, safe to say that I got some of the best photos i've ever taken at an airshow last year (must put them up on here at some point!) and having the little photog section to the right of the enclosure was great, unfortunately it was my first year using the Nikon 200-500mm and the poor chap next to me caught a couple of knocks to the bonce (if that was you I am deeply sorry sir!).

Good enough for me to have bought another ticket for the Pimms enclosure for this year.
FullCarrot

Postby Minigill on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:41 pm

Thanks for the info... you can ignore my PM FullCarrot, sorry, I didn't see your reply first !! Doh ! Might see you there !
Minigill

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm

Bit of a thread hijack, but it is related....

Cotswold Enclosure -- Some time ago I asked what the score was with regards the tea & coffee, and the info was that it's essentially help yourself to as many cups as you want.

I notice now with regards to the food, they've now added "Breakfast Rolls available to buy in the morning".
My question, though, concerns the "relaxed Cotswold Lunch" -- is that fixed portions & one serving only, or is it a case of help yourself for however long it's being served ?
( And no, it's not because I'm a greedy so-and-so :lol: )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo