Another viewing village question

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Berf

Another viewing village question

Post by Berf »

Can anyone help:

It appears from pictures that you can grab a chair and sit at the crowd line but then I see there is a 'Photography area (standing only)' I assume that is on the crowdline at some point but does that infer that it is a no no to stand up if you are at the front of the 'normal area' with a chair? And if you want to stand do you have to trot off to this photo area where I presume there will be some people standing all day!

thanks

CJS

Re: Another viewing village question

Post by CJS »

Mostly I would say you're paying for a bit more space, somewhere to sit and a (fairly) central viewing spot (200m?? to the West of the FRIAT grandstand). There were plenty of people who didn't make use of the furniture last year and I don't recall any notices or rules saying standing up wasn't allowed. Be a bit tricky to police for a start. "Crawl dammit, you must crawl to the toilets..."

Maybe the photography area is for those with steps and the like? :dunno:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

I was there a couple of years ago. The chairs were arranged in formal rows and if you're towards the front and are standing up then ultimately it will have an impact on those sat behind. I got in early and got front row seats, so didn't really need to stand up. One guy a few rows behind me set up his camera on a tripod which completely blocked the access to his row; so inconsiderate.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Thanks for the info!