Accommodation

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Airshowhammer

Accommodation

Post by Airshowhammer »

Didn’t know where to post this but after having a quick browse through the web and seeing prices of 500-800 pounds for 4 nights when usually they’re around 50 a night any other time of the year is quite frankly disgusting. What are your plans this year? And is it more appropriate to go camping?

aviodromefriend

Re: Accommodation

Post by aviodromefriend »

The accomodations can also search on the www when RIAT takes place, so their prices can go up for the level they can sell their rooms for during RIAT. It's called economy. If you're still looking for a hotel, I advice to go through RIAT's official agent for that:, They have helped me every year since '05 with cheaper deals than can be found at the web, just mention you want to have a deal as cheap as possible. (Oh and don't feel bad about the mention of last year on that page, they are working on 2018 via that form.)
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

It's all supply and demand...all the travel sites automatically adjust the prices when demand surges.

Even if you look at AirBnB the prices are all off the charts...I lucked out and got the AirBnB I stayed in last year to offer me the same price as last year this year.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Thank you for you help chaps! Really appreciated!

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

We go self-catering each year. It works out cheaper than the hotels and you have much more space. The last two years we've stayed in a really nice place in Cirencester for a whole week and turned it into a holiday. Costs just over £600 for 7 nights and has two double bedrooms.

Gripenjetphotos

Post by Gripenjetphotos »

I stay at my dads, about 20 mins away from the show. :clown:
I am impartial to a bit of jet noise.

Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

play it cool wrote:We go self-catering each year. It works out cheaper than the hotels and you have much more space. The last two years we've stayed in a really nice place in Cirencester for a whole week and turned it into a holiday. Costs just over £600 for 7 nights and has two double bedrooms.

My AirBnB is also in Cirencester. Nice little spot on the lake.