FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby IP1960 on Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:27 pm

davidjones533 wrote:Actually, was there anything in the letter this year about the FRIAT gate?!?


It mentioned an email going out with further information? As a first-time FRIAT-er I take on board the comment about Blue entry, as I normally park Green.
IP1960

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby G67 on Mon 11 Jun 2018, 5:06 pm

Just a silly observation, it's curious that they use little Nimrod silhouettes to identify the static park on the Showground map

https://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visit ... ground-map
G67

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Roughcutter on Mon 11 Jun 2018, 9:10 pm

G67 wrote:
Topher500 wrote:FRIAT Pack has arrived. Silly question. Am ok to enter from any entrance. The pack has a FRIAT pass and vouchers. Am I correct in saying the pass is my admission ticket also?


Yes and yes.

Be aware that the pass has a lanyard but like most of those these days it has a breakaway joint, which is great for preventing strangulation but also means that it detaches quite easily if caught on the strap of a backpack etc. I've learned not to let it flap around but tuck it into my jumper / coat.



Write your mobile number on the back (just incase), two years ago I found someone's pass in the static park - handed it in to one of the FRIAT stewards.
a woman phoned the BBC to say that "a hurricane is on the way" Well if you're listening, don't worry it isn't.
User avatar
Roughcutter

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby shaggy101 on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 12:53 pm

Finally got my passes today, G203 for me
Dan,
User avatar
shaggy101

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby G67 on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 6:06 pm

Roughcutter wrote:Write your mobile number on the back (just incase), two years ago I found someone's pass in the static park - handed it in to one of the FRIAT stewards.


Now that's clever, I'll do that immediately.

I should do the same for my tripod I guess.
G67

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Ian G on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 11:26 am

Peter345 wrote:F197. My first time in FRIAT so I can't wait, although it appears I've drawn the short straw and got a seat next to Ian G. Ah well...


Git
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
User avatar
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Topher500 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 2:10 pm

davidjones533 wrote:
Topher500 wrote:FRIAT Pack has arrived. Silly question. Am ok to enter from any entrance. The pack has a FRIAT pass and vouchers. Am I correct in saying the pass is my admission ticket also?

Thanks
Chris


Yes, but only the Blue gate has a dedicated FRIAT entrance so worth heading for that if you can. Avoids the long general public queue if you arrive a bit later (but still before gates open).

Actually, was there anything in the letter this year about the FRIAT gate?!?


We are staying in Lechlade so I understand I am best heading for Red car park. I plan to be there for around 7am each day. Is walking from Red Car Park to Blue Entrance possible and worth it?
Cheers
Chris
Topher500

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby G67 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 4:16 pm

Topher500 wrote:Is walking from Red Car Park to Blue Entrance possible and worth it?


It is walkable, just over 3km, but by no means pleasant. First section continuing SW beyond Whelford is OK, paved on one side of the road but usually obstructed by lots of freeloaders and their ice boxes. But then you turn onto the country roads around Kempsford and Dunfield and you're trudging along the verge with cars pushing past.

http://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.721420 ... en?layer=t

Much quicker overall to go in through the Red entrance and catch a showground bus to Blue, or just wander along the statics. At least you'll be inhaling kerosene and burned burgers rather than diesel.
G67

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby boff180 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm

Topher500 wrote:
davidjones533 wrote:
Topher500 wrote:FRIAT Pack has arrived. Silly question. Am ok to enter from any entrance. The pack has a FRIAT pass and vouchers. Am I correct in saying the pass is my admission ticket also?

Thanks
Chris


Yes, but only the Blue gate has a dedicated FRIAT entrance so worth heading for that if you can. Avoids the long general public queue if you arrive a bit later (but still before gates open).

Actually, was there anything in the letter this year about the FRIAT gate?!?


We are staying in Lechlade so I understand I am best heading for Red car park. I plan to be there for around 7am each day. Is walking from Red Car Park to Blue Entrance possible and worth it?
Cheers
Chris


To clarify, your FRIAT pass will allow you entry at any gate.

There is usually a FRIAT fast entry route at Blue Gate. Arriving at 7am every day I would suggest walking from red to blue will be a waste of time.

I would suggest just going in at Red then, if you don't fancy the walk, hop on the shuttle bus to the blue zone.

Andy
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Topher500 on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 4:29 pm

Thanks for this. I will stick with the Red entrance 1st day at least. 7am should be early enough right? :)

For the seating plan I have G50 & G51 :)

Cheers again folks
Chris
Topher500

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Domvickery on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 5:12 pm

You can use the disabled entry point at the red entrance for FRIAT entry

7am will be fine as you have a dedicated seat you have plenty of time to take a slow walk to the stand
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:00 pm

C89 for me. :smile:
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby spellow3010 on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:52 am

First time FRIAT and Mach 3er - the thought of the scrum each day as a result of the 'threatened' off base parking random-farce steered me true. Sure I will remain a FRIATer now I've started.

Seat D94... :smile:

I guess being in the stand, it pays to travel quite light? One camera, one lens... a bit of food and drink?

What happens on departure day? Do we still have our allocated grandstand seats, and what car park for that?
Last edited by spellow3010 on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby davidjones533 on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:54 am

.
Last edited by davidjones533 on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidjones533

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Duffer on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:59 am

And blue car park if you want to use grandstand on Thursday
User avatar
Duffer

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby spellow3010 on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:59 am

davidjones533 wrote:Yes, same seats all weekend. Just use the Blue car park on Monday.


Thanks David...
Regards from - another David :smile:
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Tommy on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 4:19 pm

List updated again. If anyone has put a seat number not listed, please let me know. :up:
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Nwalch on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 9:29 pm

B82 for me.
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Nwalch on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 9:34 pm

spellow3010 wrote:I guess being in the stand, it pays to travel quite light? One camera, one lens... a bit of food and drink?


Its a bit tight between your seat and the one in front for a large camera bag but doable. There is a very handy left luggage run by the cadets in the FRIAT marque where you can drop off and pick up things as you need them.
User avatar
Nwalch

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Mantog on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 4:32 pm

J25 here
Mantog

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Simon12001 on Sun 01 Jul 2018, 8:21 am

A190 for me this year!

Has anyone had the password for the members area this year? I've gone through all of my emails and letters and cannot see it anywhere!
Simon12001

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby kstater94 on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 3:04 am

Row J
Seats 197, 198, and 199 for my bunch

Cheers
John
Coming to you from Wichita, Kansas... USA
kstater94

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby Aquarious on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 12:36 pm

Simon12001 wrote:A190 for me this year!

Has anyone had the password for the members area this year? I've gone through all of my emails and letters and cannot see it anywhere!


I believe that it's on the most recent email. :smile:
Aquarious

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby cambo007 on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 9:51 am

B112 for me

Cheers
Cam
User avatar
cambo007

Re: FRIAT Seating Plan 2018

Postby mavvymoo on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 9:59 am

We are looking to upgrade to FRIAT for next year, so just for the sake of clarity, the costs that were indicated in this year's programme - do they include overall admission gate entry? Seems pretty good value so it seems worthwhile checking! :confused:
User avatar
mavvymoo

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: frank and 18 guests