Townsend farm camping

Townsend farm camping

Postby Irishaernut on Mon 28 May 2018, 5:34 pm

Hi all , I left the booking of camping until today but it seems the official campsite (which I stayed in last year)
Is full. (It wasn’t last year)

I just booked into Fairford airshow camping (Townsend farm) and it looks like it’s fairly close to the approach for
Runway 27.
Anyone stay here before?
Any advice or feedback?

Cheers Steve
Irishaernut

Re: Townsend farm camping

Postby Woodster on Mon 28 May 2018, 11:03 pm

Hey Steve, we stayed there last year. We arrived Thursday and it was pleasantly quiet with more than enough room to go around.
By the time we came back from the show on Friday the place was pretty much full.
If you like sleep go for a quiet field as some have reported inconsiderate folk who make noise well into the early hours in the general fields but I guess you'd get that in any campsite.
Toilets were well kept until late Saturday when they resembled a festival state and overflowing, you had to find a decent one. Showers were hit and miss, one minute they worked the next half broke down.
Good food is served in the barn each night in the main area of the site along with draft beer. However the local Faiford town is a quick drive for supplies but there is an on site shop selling milk etc.
Generally though there's a brilliant atmosphere and everyone is friendly enough.
The campsite this year is run by a new company and have taken on board the comments regarding toilets and noisy campers and promise to resolve it, we shall see!
We've booked again from Thursday this year.
Woodster

Postby Domvickery on Tue 29 May 2018, 7:33 am

Strangley its only showing the Friday is sold out at the official campsite, I’d contact them & see if its just a glitch
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 29 May 2018, 7:48 am

The last campsite update DBH sent out was on 18th May.
From that :
we wanted to warn you today that the Official Air Tattoo Campsite is close to selling out for Friday 13 July. There are now only a handful of spaces left and we anticipate that they will be sold out this weekend.

No mention of the Saturday or Sunday & no update since then, so I'd say the website is correct with regards the availability of weekend pitches.

Of course, if the OP planned on staying there on the Friday night that's another matter.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Irishaernut on Tue 29 May 2018, 8:29 am

Hi thanks for the info, yeah I’m in the show on Saturday so I wanted to be there early.
And usually I have a few beverages at shows so an overnight stay is usually required.

Presuming the wind cooperates is their much over head?
Irishaernut

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo