Car Park Advice

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Car Park Advice

Post by tankbuster81 »

I'm after some parking advice, to avoid the massive pedestrian queues i suffer every year, once parked up. Living in Kent, we always route down the blue route, into the blue car park, and last year the pedestrian queue once we had gotten out of the car, was almost back into the next village!. Looking for advice, based on experience, on entering the area, via a different coloured route, that historically may have much swifter pedestrian entry. Thanks, Andy
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

cg_341

Re: Car Park Advice

Post by cg_341 »

I always prefer green, but did red last year and took about 15 minutes from gates opening to getting in.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

cg_341 wrote:I always prefer green, but did red last year and took about 15 minutes from gates opening to getting in.

Interesting. It's a case of me finding the start of the route to get onto it. In other words, at which point do i ignore the blue route, to drive further, to find the start of the other. If that makes sense?

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

If you’re driving up from Swindon then ignore the first signs you see for the airshow and carry on down to the next exit near the Cotswold Water Park, leave the A419 there and you should end up in the green car park but I have found the queuing not that different to the blue route but obviously favour it as you park on tarmac and not in a field.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Blue always seems to have the longest queues. I've found red to be quite good the past few years, the queue isn't too bad and you're on base very quickly provided that you get there early enough of course!

Travelling from Kent to avoid the Blue/Green routes get off the M4 at Junction 15, take the A419 towards Cirencester, at the first junction/slip road leave the A419 and take the A420 to Faringdon, at Faringdon pick up the A417 to Lechlade and pick up the red route from that point.

The (longer) alternative red route can be quicker than the main red route early in the morning provided you don't get anyone crawling along it, had someone doing 15mph last year on the Sunday at 0630 for the duration!!!

NickForeigner

Post by NickForeigner »

@boff180 Good to know. :clap: :worship:

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

boff180 wrote:Blue always seems to have the longest queues. I've found red to be quite good the past few years, the queue isn't too bad and you're on base very quickly provided that you get there early enough of course!

Travelling from Kent to avoid the Blue/Green routes get off the M4 at Junction 15, take the A419 towards Cirencester, at the first junction/slip road leave the A419 and take the A420 to Faringdon, at Faringdon pick up the A417 to Lechlade and pick up the red route from that point.

The (longer) alternative red route can be quicker than the main red route early in the morning provided you don't get anyone crawling along it, had someone doing 15mph last year on the Sunday at 0630 for the duration!!!

Fantastic advice,and directions. Many many thanks. Andy

Kevyboy1979

Post by Kevyboy1979 »

You can always go camping on one of the campsites available then just walk to the airshow that way no need to park car as it would be on the campsite.