Weather

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
frank

Weather

Post by frank »

Cant believe its me that's opening this thread - clearly everyone has better things to do.
BBC Weather forecast only takes us to the 9th of July with a forecast of fairly settled weather from the 5th to the 9th which must be a good omen surely :dizzy:
My usual source of XC Weather only goes upto the 3rd of July.
I seem to remember we had some serious weather experts who have posted in previous years.
Please feel free to add your wisdom to this thread.
Frank

Adraruro

Re: Weather

Post by Adraruro »

Try MetCheck:
https://www.metcheck.com/SEASONAL/airsh ... ecasts.asp

They do 'special' airshow forecasting. Changes are becoming more frequent, and as ever Fairford will have it's own weather during the week which can't really be predicted. Looks ok so far, last year said it was to be a scorcher.... :whistle:

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

There will be weather. There's nothing anyone including the forecasters can do about it. :wall:

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

clearstone wrote:There will be weather. There's nothing anyone including the forecasters can do about it. :wall:

Has it been before, or will this be a first-time attendee?
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

There will be weather, people will complain about it, what will be will be!
Thomas

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

frank wrote:BBC Weather forecast only takes us to the 9th of July...

There's your reason why nobody has made the thread yet! :grin:

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Will it be (F), (S), or both - when's the next participants update? :grin:

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

If we get the Sun it really will be the star item. :lmao: :lmao:
Thomas

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Seen it before. Not interested. Let's have some new weather, something really unusual! Come on DBH!

Berf

Post by Berf »

Met Office UK Outlook for Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 to Wednesday 25 Jul 2018:
The most likely scenario is that we will see a good deal of dry and settled weather across many parts of the UK through much of July with very warm or hot temperatures likely at times. However, there are some indications that in the north and west, more changeable conditions could bring cloudier skies, and possibly some wet and windy weather at times. There may also be some interludes of more unsettled, cooler conditions bringing some outbreaks of rain or showers across the rest of the UK, however these will be short lived with dry and fine weather likely for most of the time

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

MiG_Eater wrote:Seen it before. Not interested. Let's have some new weather, something really unusual! Come on DBH!

I've just noticed on the "Plagues of locusts" Facebook group that they've self-confirmed for both Saturday & Sunday. :yahoo:

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Lets have what happened at one of the Cottesmore RIAT's - Where it was clear blue skies, warm and it rained!
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

accuweather is predicting a mixture of clouds and sun with a temperature in the early to mid 20's for the whole week, possibility of thunderstorms..... but it's way to early for that to be accurate

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

frank wrote:Cant believe its me that's opening this thread - clearly everyone has better things to do.
BBC Weather forecast only takes us to the 9th of July with a forecast of fairly settled weather from the 5th to the 9th which must be a good omen surely :dizzy:
I seem to remember we had some serious weather experts who have posted in previous years.
Please feel free to add your wisdom to this thread.
Frank

Monday 9 July—Sunday 22 July

Often sunny and warm, with little rain in sight!

Into the second week of July, there are currently few indications to suggest much will change. Indeed, high pressure still looks like dominating the weather for the UK and much of northwest Europe. Therefore, often dry and sunny weather can still be expected, with temperatures still likely to remain well above the average for most. Slightly cooler conditions may develop for Scotland, as cooler westerly flows from the Atlantic move onshore at times, these may bring some welcome spells of rain too.
Looking towards the middle of July, there is more uncertainty regarding the positioning of high pressure, with the best indications suggesting it will remain just to the north of the UK, which would keep conditions largely dry and warm. However, there is a 25-30% risk that low pressure will become more predominant to the north and west of the UK, a scenario which would bring cool and often windy conditions, with above-average rainfall.

skidd40

Post by skidd40 »

Adraruro wrote:Try MetCheck:
https://www.metcheck.com/SEASONAL/airsh ... ecasts.asp

They do 'special' airshow forecasting. Changes are becoming more frequent, and as ever Fairford will have it's own weather during the week which can't really be predicted. Looks ok so far, last year said it was to be a scorcher.... :whistle:

Nice.. although one show missing he he

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Just looking at their forecast for the Swansea Airshow this weekend should tell you that their predictions are about as accurate as Mystic Meg's.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

As someone who has been in the RAF for over 50 years (as a cleaner) I am more intelligent than everyone here. I am 100% certain that it will be sunny and rainy and cloudy as the Swedish Historic Flight land. It will snow as the MiG-29 arrives because it was at Cosford. "I can dream can't I?" as many people seem to say :tongue:

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Tom105 wrote:If we get the Sun it really will be the star item. :lmao: :lmao:

Meh

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Predict it will be thunderstorms after this heatwave.

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

BRITAIN will stay locked in the oven for at least the next two weeks with potentially killer heat forecast well into July.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/ ... Met-Office

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

This is the Express that predicts every winter will be like last year :grin:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Iam a bit disappointed that it’s not exotic weather forecast,being this special 100yr show :biggrin:

CJS

Post by CJS »

Each cloud (both of them :whistle: ) will have a very small, slightly naff, sticker on it to commemorate RAF100.

:cool: :cool:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Berf

Post by Berf »

Burleysway wrote:BRITAIN will stay locked in the oven for at least the next two weeks with potentially killer heat forecast well into July.

water bomber demo anyone?

danspuggti

Post by danspuggti »

Berf wrote:
Burleysway wrote:BRITAIN will stay locked in the oven for at least the next two weeks with potentially killer heat forecast well into July.

water bomber demo anyone?

I remember them doing something with water canons out the back of a Hercules one year. I seem to remember the aircraft having a neon orange number on the side (1997-98ish?).
It was a hot, sunny show day and the spray was most welcome!
Last edited by danspuggti on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Same old sh*t.............just happening on a different day!!!