RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
edhunter

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by edhunter »

No, not until they release the invited air arms.

blackcat

Post by blackcat »

MiG_Eater wrote:Is the Queen just going on Friday?

She will probably do Totterdown Thursday, :wink:

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

blackcat wrote:
MiG_Eater wrote:Is the Queen just going on Friday?

She will probably do Totterdown Thursday, :wink:

I would think that somebody like the Queen, who still has full access to her own train with 'slam door' stock, that in actual fact, Her Maj would actually do Thursday at Rhymes... Or maybe even her own bullet proof throne booth on the Whelford Road. :lol:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

RiatMarketing wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:
spellow3010 wrote:. Would be interesting to see if it did actually fly on the Friday... but that's the gamble (as Tony Green used to say on Bullseye).

Its explicitly stated on the RIAT website that it is flying all three days.

Still TBC - that sentence shouldn't have made it online. Busy day yesterday..

You might want to have a look at the app too - showing as flying all three days.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Does anyone happen to know at which official event during the show the awards are handed out

thanks very much

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Post show party after the show on Sunday. :up:

Berf

Post by Berf »

Abbo46 wrote:Post show party after the show on Sunday. :up:

Thanks - I had a thought it was that but then remembered seeing some of the crews with awards during Sunday.... so thought it must be another day

CJS

Post by CJS »

Berf wrote:
Abbo46 wrote:Post show party after the show on Sunday. :up:

Thanks - I had a thought it was that but then remembered seeing some of the crews with awards during Sunday.... so thought it must be another day

The one for best looking aircraft (can't remember the name of the award) is given beforehand because I've definitely seen it too.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

3enrique

Post by 3enrique »

PC-7 team published their calendar today on their site, not coming to RIAT.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Not much of a surprise, not known them to attend two years on the trot.

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:Its explicitly stated on the RIAT website that it is flying all three days.

What's the betting it flies on Friday (in front of a tiny crowd, mainly the FRIATers, due to the ridiculous ticket pricing) and then goes tech for the rest of the weekend, denying the rst of us the chance to see it.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

speedbird2639 wrote:What's the betting it flies on Friday (in front of a tiny crowd, mainly the FRIATers, and all the freeloaders in the campsites, due to the ridiculous ticket pricing)

Edited for accuracy :wink: :lol:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

harkins

Post by harkins »

3enrique wrote:PC-7 team published their calendar today on their site, not coming to RIAT.

I thought that they tended to alternate each year with the Patrouille Suisse, which would be good if that is the case. Having said that, I'm quite surprised the Patrouille Suisse are still soldiering on with their F-5s. I'm sure that they've been close to disbanding since about 2014 but they are scheduled to display at the Lauberhorn ski races next week so fingers crossed we see them over here in July (although in truth, there is another F-5 display team that I'd prefer to see).

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

harkins wrote:
3enrique wrote:PC-7 team published their calendar today on their site, not coming to RIAT.

I thought that they tended to alternate each year with the Patrouille Suisse, which would be good if that is the case. Having said that, I'm quite surprised the Patrouille Suisse are still soldiering on with their F-5s. I'm sure that they've been close to disbanding since about 2014 but they are scheduled to display at the Lauberhorn ski races next week so fingers crossed we see them over here in July (although in truth, there is another F-5 display team that I'd prefer to see).
AFAIK, for Patrouille Suisse the Lauberhorn is the end of their season from last year. I think there are very little teams that have their PDA already sorted for '19 yet.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

speedbird2639 wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:Its explicitly stated on the RIAT website that it is flying all three days.

What's the betting it flies on Friday (in front of a tiny crowd, mainly the FRIATers, due to the ridiculous ticket pricing) and then goes tech for the rest of the weekend, denying the rst of us the chance to see it.

2 Harriers came to Farnborough last year, I'd imagine they would bring the backup one again this year (in case of such a scenario)

harkins

Post by harkins »

aviodromefriend wrote:AFAIK, for Patrouille Suisse the Lauberhorn is the end of their season from last year. I think there are very little teams that have their PDA already sorted for '19 yet.

I see. So doesn't mean much for the coming season, although by this stage it might be safe to assume we'd have heard already if they were disbanding or even transitioning to four unmarked Hornets (which is another rumour that had been doing the rounds).

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

The Patrouille Suisse were slated for retirement a short number of years ago, but my understanding was that was rescinded, and its been business as usual since. I haven't got anything official to point to, and I can't really recall where I heard all this :-)

I would also expect them to do RIAT this year. Nothing's nailed on, but it would follow a pattern.

And I would absolutely love to see the Turkish Stars return. All those Northrops in one place would be ace.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Absolutely. I just love F-5s - the more the merrier!

harkins

Post by harkins »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:And I would absolutely love to see the Turkish Stars return. All those Northrops in one place would be ace.

That is possibly my biggest hope for this year. I love the F-5 and they're long overdue as they haven't been at Fairford since 2008 (when the show was cancelled) and not in the UK since Waddington 2010 (I stand to be corrected on those dates). But I'm not holding my breath but just imagine both teams attending - 17(?) red and white F-5s in a line!! :drool:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

When you visit the Air Tattoo on Friday 19 July you'll have access to our exclusive 'pit area' where flying display aircraft are parked before and after the flying display, subject to operational requirements. As in 2016 this area is to the East end of the airfield, South of the runway.
The pit area will be closed Saturday and Sunday so our Friday preview day is your only opportunity for a more intimate view of some of the aircraft that are in the flying display.

You know what my comment will be, don't you..... :biggrin:
아직도 숨어있다

Gripenjetphotos

Post by Gripenjetphotos »

Brevet Cable wrote:
When you visit the Air Tattoo on Friday 19 July you'll have access to our exclusive 'pit area' where flying display aircraft are parked before and after the flying display, subject to operational requirements. As in 2016 this area is to the East end of the airfield, South of the runway.
The pit area will be closed Saturday and Sunday so our Friday preview day is your only opportunity for a more intimate view of some of the aircraft that are in the flying display.

You know what my comment will be, don't you..... :biggrin:

“Fantastic! Best update so far this year!!!!!!!”

Something like that? :lol:
I am impartial to a bit of jet noise.

Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/

CJS

Post by CJS »

Still, at least it justifies the still mysterious price for Friday's show eh... :whistle:
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Gripenjetphotos wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:You know what my comment will be, don't you..... :biggrin:

“Fantastic! Best update so far this year!!!!!!!”

Something like that? :lol:

Yep....but with added :win: :worship: :clap: :yahoo: :rock:
Honest.
아직도 숨어있다

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

harkins wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:And I would absolutely love to see the Turkish Stars return. All those Northrops in one place would be ace.

That is possibly my biggest hope for this year. I love the F-5 and they're long overdue as they haven't been at Fairford since 2008 (when the show was cancelled) and not in the UK since Waddington 2010 (I stand to be corrected on those dates). But I'm not holding my breath but just imagine both teams attending - 17(?) red and white F-5s in a line!! :drool:

If they still fly 'em, I'd like to see a return of the Spanish F-5s that came a few years back. Missed their landing on arrivals day as they came in from P&V West end.
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Swiss F18 confirmed in website and Fb post