This came in my 'inbox' this afternoon

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
HeyfordDave111

This came in my 'inbox' this afternoon

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

now i do run my own business but ....... how much?
Sorry, 'i'm out'!
---------------------------------
Are you a business owner or work for an organisation that values the benefits of face-to-face networking? If so, the new Air Tattoo Business Club is just for you.
On Friday 19 July one of our existing hospitality suites will be transformed into a private members area. Here companies can network and spend the day with like-minded organisations, hear insights from special guest speakers including Jo Salter, the RAF's first female fast jet pilot who is now a Director a PwC, and marvel at the Air Tattoo's legendary aviation action.
The event starts at 9.00am with refreshments and structured networking followed by guest speakers from 10am-11am. The flying display is from 11am-3pm with lunch served during this time and networking will continue. Afternoon tea will follow at 3pm with guests departing at about 4.30pm.
The cost is just £220 (plus VAT) per person. You can book online HERE or email

1 x place in the Aviation Club on Friday 19 July with other Air Tattoo Business Club Members
Morning Coffee, two-course buffet lunch and afternoon tea.
Complimentary Air Tattoo Souvenir Programme
Guest speakers including; Jo Salter - the RAF's first female fast jet pilot, now a Director a PwC
Media/Press in attendance
Photo/social media opportunities
Digital
Your logo and website details on airtattoo.com
Email and social media activity
Exclusive use of the Air Tattoo Business Club logo
Discounted Rates
Friday Admission Tickets at £42 (full price £57)
Exhibition and Trade Stands - special Air Tattoo Business Club member area
Souvenir Programme Advertising - ¼ page £400 (£1000 rate card)

Edited to show the full picture as i didn't know it didn't include tickets on the Friday
Last edited by HeyfordDave111 on Mon 08 Apr 2019, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got to love Russianhardware

rdchawk

Re: This came in my 'inbox' this afternoon

Post by rdchawk »

Why not have something the majority can afford. To me this suggest RIAT organisers are having cash problems.
Last edited by rdchawk on Mon 08 Apr 2019, 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

If you'd bothered to read the email, you'd know it's an existing chalet being converted. :wall:

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

If the complete email was posted, it would also be clear that this is a deal without actual entrance to the airfield (although there is a discounted rate).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

rdchawk wrote:Why not have something the majority can afford. To me this suggest RIAT organisers are having cash problems.

To be fair, i think in modern parlance its called 'sweating your assets', but seems very poor value to me, unless Miss Ex-Fast Jet Pilot brings along her PwC boys and girls on a jolly?

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Or you guys are just out of touch with the world of corporate hospitality...…

Considering this a full day with food and drink, the price is very good value for money to a business client using it as a team building day or to entertain clients.

Now compare that to a Hospitality box at a major Rugby game and it favours very well. I enquired about a box at the Wasps 2 years ago and was told the prices started at £2,600 for a single game for a maximum of 12 people! That's 80 minutes for £217 each and that was 2 years ago.

I dread to think what the equivalent is at a Premiership Football game for just 90 minutes of entertainment.
Hell work sent me on a "conference" which was a similar thing in London 2 weeks ago.... that cost £200 to sit in a room all day being talked to and standing up to eat lunch! That was the members rate too!

Kudos to DBH in trying to utilise an existing enclosure for something new that may help local businesses whilst also increasing income for the charity/event, but as ever... unless it is something for the enthusiast it has to be criticised.... as no extra space is being taken on the crowdline it isn't harming the enthusiast one single bit. :pinkwafer:

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

boff180 wrote:Or you guys are just out of touch with the world of corporate hospitality...…

Considering this a full day with food and drink, the price is very good value for money to a business client using it as a team building day or to entertain clients.

Now compare that to a Hospitality box at a major Rugby game and it favours very well. I enquired about a box at the Wasps 2 years ago and was told the prices started at £2,600 for a single game for a maximum of 12 people! That's 80 minutes for £217 each and that was 2 years ago.

I dread to think what the equivalent is at a Premiership Football game for just 90 minutes of entertainment.
Hell work sent me on a "conference" which was a similar thing in London 2 weeks ago.... that cost £200 to sit in a room all day being talked to and standing up to eat lunch! That was the members rate too!

Kudos to DBH in trying to utilise an existing enclosure for something new that may help local businesses whilst also increasing income for the charity/event, but as ever... unless it is something for the enthusiast it has to be criticised.... as no extra space is being taken on the crowdline it isn't harming the enthusiast one single bit. :pinkwafer:

Hi Boff, you have a valid point but....... instead of sweating the asset, why don't they simply open it up to 200 special needs kids to come along and enjoy a day out with their mates / parents where they can have a wonderful time watching the aircraft fly from a viewing area free of charge? would be fantastic publicity for RIAT too?
Could probably get free transportation to and from the event too by asking local coach companys.

Not sure how many local business will be able to network with each other at the event. After all there cant be that many farriers (for instance) within a 40 mile radius of Fairford, or hat shops that see Fairford as a Networking opportunity. Yes a bit silly from me here but i think you get the point.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Everything has to be balanced. The show needs to make money not only to survive but to also provide an annual donation to the RAFCT, costs increase year on year - the corporate enclosure area is a "white glove" service area - it makes perfect sense for this to be utilised to generate more income whereas other areas, such as the Techno Zone are the for the very use you suggest, Friday last year saw around 6,500 School children attend.

There are also the logistics of getting the type of client you suggest to this area of the showground considering no vehicles are allowed in the public areas (and that is a Council requirement). As much as I would like to see something like you have suggested, the chalet area just isn't suitable.

In regards to business, you just have to look what businesses and their networks are within 40 miles of the airfield.... and very quick google reveals the following major employers to name but a few.

Swindon - Honda plus its entire logistics and supplier network
Oxford - BMW (Mini) plus its entire logistics and supplier network
Gaydon - JLR
Newbury - Vodafone
Andover - Raytheon
Bristol - Airbus
Cheltenham - GE Aviation

Just because the show is in the middle of the Cotswolds doesn't mean all the local businesses are farmers, farriers or hat sellers....

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

boff180 wrote: Swindon - Honda plus its entire logistics and supplier network....

They'll all be up for having a good time out at the moment. :yahoo:

You're very defensive of RIAT these days Andy, anyone would think you have a role there. :shock:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Perhaps it has given me an additional perspective on things and a little more understanding of why some things occur the way they do that I previously didn't have. :-)

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

capercaillie wrote:
boff180 wrote: Swindon - Honda plus its entire logistics and supplier network....

They'll all be up for having a good time out at the moment. :yahoo:

You're very defensive of RIAT these days Andy, anyone would think you have a role there. :shock:

Not just Honda..... Mini too, plus many others.

There will be some companies that use a meet as a tax write off, but what we have gone from saying is that its for smaller companies, when in fact its aimed at the money bigger companies can bring in.

And yes, i think Andy is, but credit to the guy, he says what he thinks even if its wrong :lol:
just joking mate.

It will be very interesting to see if there is a B****t effect this year. Yes we have the Germans but that can change, and a 'why should we attitude' from the rest of Europe could affect the show.
Yes i know air arms, friends and all that, but it doesn't matter where the air arms want to go and when, its ultimately their paymasters who say yes or no.

Fingers crossed for a fast, low level French multi mirage (5 or more) airfield attack onto a guy fawkes dummy with Auntie May's face on it. :heyhey:

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Knew that would be mentioned at some stage.

If you honestly believe Brexit will have any effect on RIAT then... :wall:

harkins

Post by harkins »

Abbo46 wrote:Knew that would be mentioned at some stage.

Crikey, you're going to give yourself a brain injury with all the head banging you're doing in RIAT threads. Relax, don't let anyone typing non pro-RIAT comments get you so upset.

This years show will be a disappointment lacking in fast jet displays and good numbers of proper military hardware in general. There's only 100 days to go and they've got nothing worth getting out of bed for except a pair of Harriers. And if they go tech then they've got jack for anyone in any corporate or other tent to look at.

Now, count to 10 and see if you can let it wash over you. It's just an opinion.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

harkins wrote:This years show will be a disappointment lacking in fast jet displays and good numbers of proper military hardware in general.

Where did you buy your time machine from, I'm in the market for one.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

harkins wrote:

Crikey, you're going to give yourself a brain injury with all the head banging you're doing in RIAT threads. Relax, don't let anyone typing non pro-RIAT comments get you so upset.

This years show will be a disappointment lacking in fast jet displays and good numbers of proper military hardware in general. There's only 100 days to go and they've got nothing worth getting out of bed for except a pair of Harriers. And if they go tech then they've got jack for anyone in any corporate or other tent to look at.

Now, count to 10 and see if you can let it wash over you. It's just an opinion.

Aha! I've just realised that harkins is on FighterControl as hernaman86 :lmao:

Exactly the same standard of gurning regarding fast jets...................

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

harkins wrote:

This years show will be a disappointment lacking in fast jet displays and good numbers of proper military hardware in general.

I'd be really interested to know how you've worked this one out? It's April for Christ sake.

Also struggling to see how anybody can claim RAF Typhoon, Belgian F-16, Swiss F/A-18C, Spanish EAV-8Bs, Romanian MiG-21 & Ukrainian Su-27 is "disappointing". And there's more to come, I can assure you.

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Abbo46 wrote:I'd be really interested to know how you've worked this one out? It's April for Christ sake.

Also struggling to see how anybody can claim RAF Typhoon, Belgian F-16, Swiss F/A-18C, Spanish EAV-8Bs, Romanian MiG-21 & Ukrainian Su-27 is "disappointing". And there's more to come, I can assure you.

Don’t jinx it. :biggrin:

harkins

Post by harkins »

I’m on FC as Harkins. And yes, it is only April and yes, two of the best things you’ve mentioned aren’t even confirmed, let alone on the deck at RAF Fairford. And the same old F-16 and F-18 we get every year is fine, but they don’t change the fact that we’ve Blades and other civvy dross.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

'Other civy dross'- Can't see that either, sorry.

G67

Post by G67 »

Brexit Effect?

NATO precedes the EU proper by four decades. I don't think that the lack of announced participation so far has anything to do with the common market; it's more a reflection that relying on the same traditional supporting nations isn't feasible in era of tight defence spending.

What would it take to get Indian or South African participation? Probably money, and DBH doesn't do that.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Abbo46 wrote:'Other civy dross'- Can't see that either, sorry.

I can see the "point" of that comment. :whistle:

I can understand a certain level of disappointment at present. The Rafale in particular is disappointing as if they create a special scheme again for only one year, the only likely UK chance of seeing it isn't happening. If you're tied down with other commitments so you can't get abroad, its doubly disappointing, added to the fact its the best fast display out there from a type only operated presently by the French. With no Mirages this year either, it does leave a gaping hole in exciting different types.

Hopefully some other displays & types not regularly seen can fill some of the blanks, the RSV AMX, Danish F-16 and C-130J, Slovak MiG29s, Polish Navy Mi14 and/or SH-2, Spanish F-18 and Typhoon, get the French Navy Atlantique back after that fabulous rehearsal, fingers crossed maybe the B-1 and B-52 can be persuaded back in the air, some flypasts from the Mildenhall and Lakenheath boys like they did in Sheffield. Plenty of possibilities to still make the show varied and entertaining.

Don't know why the comments are in the advertising thread but there we go. :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

capercaillie wrote:Danish C-130J
Only if the flares issue is solved beforehand, please.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program