f-22 or any other usaf flying?

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
mattlaker

Re: f-22 or any other usaf flying?

Post by mattlaker »

TheSpur8 wrote:Aye Aye Aye Aye Does that mean I am entitled to 4 hits?

And well said... agree 100%

It is seriously pointless... It's about as primadonna-esque as the whole 'I ordered a latte' thing... you can have as many hits as you like, so long as when you get tired, you allow someone else to have a go...
Matt hates Photo Etch as of today

TheSpur8

Post by TheSpur8 »

mattlaker wrote:
TheSpur8 wrote:Aye Aye Aye Aye Does that mean I am entitled to 4 hits?

And well said... agree 100%

It is seriously pointless... It's about as primadonna-esque as the whole 'I ordered a latte' thing... you can have as many hits as you like, so long as when you get tired, you allow someone else to have a go...

Ok Promise.... doh!
Canon 7D2,
Canon 5D3,
EF100-400L mk2 4.5-5.6 IS,
EFS17-55 2.8 IS,
EF28-70L

Liveforriat

Post by Liveforriat »

Plenty of time to see raptors in the future its only been flying display circuits for a couple of years and Im pretty sure that as long as there is Farnborough a week after RIAT we'll still have the chance to see the Raptor for many years to come. You wait untill the only combat jets flying are Raptors and JSFs then youll be praying for a Hornet display and if you get 3 in one day youll think its christmas!!!

If Australia, Japan and Israel get there wishes granted and are permitted to buy Raptors then you may get to see 3 Raptor displays from 3 different nations also...oh wait that would be boring and repetitive wouldnt it?!?!?!?!

On paper this years RIAT looks as good as any form recent memory and I personally cannot wait for a week of aerobatics and afterburners in bright blue skies over the sun baked Cotswold countryside.
Was once Liveforriat2007 but that wasnt a great year so Ive decided to simply live for RIAT period.

mattlaker

Post by mattlaker »

We could operate a tag-team system...
Matt hates Photo Etch as of today

Monty

Post by Monty »

Well maybe some good news as in the FRIAT pack that arrived this morning the B-1B was mentionedalong with a list of Flying aircraft, might just be a coincidence, and i know it doesn't mean it will happen but maybe it will be added this friday.
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

So is the F22 going to be there then ? :whistle:

Seriously I can understand some peoples frustrations, obviously paying top dolllar you'd like to see the latest technology there, but in this absolutely abysmal financial times then lefts be honest everyone should be thankful that RIAT is going ahead.

I myself have chosen to go to the fly in days, for the simple reason it's cheaper and i always seem to enjoy them more. Having said that, I'm looking at probably going on the Sunday now.... :biggrin:

Macc

Post by Macc »

As much as it would be nice to see the F-22, remember it has taken over the F-15C team, I wish the F-15C team had came last year and not the F22 because we have another 30/40 years to see the F22 display, like with the Mirage 2000, I would rather see it than the Rafale for a few more years.

Macc

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

Macc wrote:As much as it would be nice to see the F-22, remember it has taken over the F-15C team, I wish the F-15C team had came last year and not the F22 because we have another 30/40 years to see the F22 display, like with the Mirage 2000, I would rather see it than the Rafale for a few more years.

Macc

Its a shame that the Raptor is not coming but there is a cracking line up anyway. The fact that we have years to see the F-22 is really irrelevant, as there is always the anticipation of seeing a new aircraft for the first time, and that won't happen over the next 30 or 40 years. The lucky few that saw it last year have passed that landmark, those like me who were going last year but then all was cancelled have yet to have that pleasure. Its going to be a great show any way and so roll on next month.

glendale

Post by glendale »

PARIS (Reuters) - The U.S. Air Force has pulled its premiere F-22 fighter jet from the Paris Air Show, citing other demands on its time, said a spokesman for Lockheed Martin Corp, which builds the Raptor.

Spokesman Christopher Trippick said on Monday that the F-22 also would not make an appearance at the Royal International Air Tattoo, the world's largest military air show, to be held next month in Britain.

The F-22 made its first international air show appearance at the Farnborough Air Show last year, a 12-minute flight that generated a great deal of buzz. It also flew at the Royal International Air Tattoo.

Trippick said the Air Force decision was based on availability, but had no further information.

But European industry executives said there might have been concerns over whether the stealth plane would be exposed to radar trying to unlock its secrets.

Lockheed's F-117 stealth fighter made an appearance at the 1991 Paris Air Show, but two years later, the Clinton administration boycotted the appearance of any U.S. military aircraft at the show.

One industry executive, who asked not to be named, said the French government had reportedly used its ultra low-frequency, long-range radar to track the aircraft on its approach to the airfield, sparking concerns among U.S. officials.

The Obama administration said in April that it would only order four more of the radar-evading fighters, capping production at 187 planes.

Some U.S. lawmakers are pushing to repeal a law banning exports of the aircraft to keep the production line running a little longer.

But Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz last week said F-22 exports also faced other significant obstacles, including the cost to protect or remove classified equipment from the aircraft, and a likely break in production before any exports could be approved, which would raise the cost.

Industry executives said the U.S. government may have decided it would be imprudent to bring the fighter to the air show, since the export ban is still in effect and especially since Defense Secretary Robert Gates has told close U.S. allies like Japan that it is not for sale.

(Reporting by Andrea Shalal-Esa with additional reporting by Tim Hepher in Paris; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn and Maureen Bavdek)

© Thomson Reuters 2009 All rights reserved

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

*Scratches head*

Glendale, did you even bother reading page 8.... you're a whole page late!