Northolt Night Photoshoot VI

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot VI

Postby jules48 on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 6:50 pm

What happened to the Mirage

Runway too short or caught up in French ATC restrictions
jules48

Postby Spock on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 8:34 pm

Heard the runway may have been to short. Thanks to all involved who made this happen. Enjoyed the evening. Bacon butty was nice too.
Thanks to Lewis for the lift today too. :clap:

Cheers. Trev. :clap:
Last edited by Spock on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PPL, IMC & Night Rated Pilot
Contour GPS Cockpit Cam
Sony A580

http://www.trevor-james-marshall.co.uk/
Spock

Postby Pen Pusher on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 10:21 pm

Despite the rain showers, with a bit the lightning & thunder thrown in as everyone arrived at the gate, and some of the aircraft being parked a bit to far back for the lights to reach, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening with a good selection of aircraft thrown in despite the Mirage not making it.

Many thanks to Phil for early access to have a look around the Northolt Ops Room and and access to 32Sqn crew room balcony for some of the arrivals :biggrin: and my brother and Lewis for the lift home. Quickest I've made the return journey.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
Pen Pusher

Postby DeanW on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 10:34 pm

I was expecting someone to get some shots on here really quickly, but not to see one on Airliners.net already! New Hawk scheme :smile:
DeanW

Postby IanH on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 11:14 pm

Just a quickie to say thanks again Phil for an excellent evenings entertainment. Great job and a super line up which will take some beating. Thanks also naturally to everyone at Northolt for hosting us all and in particular the Station Commander. Bacon rolls were great again.
:clap: :clap:
Take care, Ian
IanH

Postby Mark K on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 11:21 pm

J35 Draken wrote:I was expecting someone to get some shots on here really quickly, but not to see one on Airliners.net already! New Hawk scheme :smile:

:grin: that'll be me! I didn't hang about :)

Thanks again Phil for another great nightshoot and to everybody at RAF Northolt :clap:
Mark K

Postby PorkScratching on Thu 25 Mar 2010, 11:26 pm

Another top evening! Thanks to Phil, Rustler, the Stn Cdr and everybody else involved. Being allowed closer to the Hawk and Alpha Jets at the end was a bonus too.
PorkScratching
UKAR Staff

Postby Graf Zeppelin on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 12:55 am

jules48 wrote:What happened to the Mirage

Runway too short or caught up in French ATC restrictions

We were informed that the runway was just on limits in dry conditions and with the deluge we experienced it was a no go! Fingers crossed for the next time!
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende
Graf Zeppelin

Postby dazza on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 8:46 am

A great night many thanks
Dazza
dazza

Postby WAP on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 9:11 am

Any idea of when they are all leaving,may pop down.
WAP

Postby Harlequin67 on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 9:38 am

Another great evening at Northolt.

Great planes and great atmosphere.

Many thanks to Graf (Phil), Rustler (Lee), and all members of the team at RAF Northolt.

There did not seem that many people who came for coffee and bacon butties afterwards. I did try to eat all the butties myself, but could only manage 2! :grin:
Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Postby A380FWWOW on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 10:31 am

Phil, Thank you for another great evening at Northolt. Yet again you and your team have given us a great event and some rare photo opportunities. Yes its a shame about the cancellations but there were a couple of very nice treats amongst the participants. :clap: :clap:
And the Bacon Butties were great again! :clap: :clap:

It was also nice to catch up with a few members that we have known for a while, and also to meet a few others that we have never met before, you all know who you are!
Last edited by A380FWWOW on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65589468@N04/
View on this site are my views and not those of any organisation!
A380FWWOW

Postby ianf on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 10:42 am

Hi Phil. Another vote of thanks to phil and the team :clap: The weather tried to wreck the event, but you got through it well and there was some very nice planes to shoot. It was also nice to put faces to names as well.

Ian
Voluntary Tanker Trash XL231 Lusty Lindy Lancashire section.
our blog http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/
ianf

Postby DSAF on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 12:13 pm

Pen Pusher wrote:Despite the rain showers, with a bit the lightning & thunder thrown in as everyone arrived at the gate, and some of the aircraft being parked a bit to far back for the lights to reach, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening with a good selection of aircraft thrown in despite the Mirage not making it.

Many thanks to Phil for early access to have a look around the Northolt Ops Room and and access to 32Sqn crew room balcony for some of the arrivals :biggrin: and my brother and Lewis for the lift home. Quickest I've made the return journey.

Brian

:biggrin: Thats why i never take national express! :grin: Your more then welcome for the lift! We didnt get back while 00:45! They'd shut the A1 northbound and we ended up doing some very very long-winded diversion! :loser:

Thanks to Phil and everyone else for a very enjoyable evening!

Lew
Doncaster Sheffield Airport Forum - Movement heads up, logs and more..
http://www.dsaf.co.uk
DSAF

Postby A380FWWOW on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 2:05 pm

Can anybody help?

I'm after the full Reg for the three GR4's that were at Northolt last night? Any assistance would be much appreciated. :cool: No I'm not collecting numbers!
A380FWWOW

Postby Mark K on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 2:23 pm

In no particular order:

Reg: ZA611 Code: EB-L
Reg: ZA600 Code: EB-G
Reg: ZA447 Code: EB-R
Mark K

Postby A380FWWOW on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 2:31 pm

Thank You Mark! :clap: :clap:
A380FWWOW

Postby Thijs on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 3:29 pm

A big thumbs up for the organisation and all who were involved!

I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and the cooperation between the various photographers.

I must admit, the rain showers created some great splashes which gave some good reflections. Especially the ones in front of the Chinook.

Have a good weekend!

Thijs "one of the two Dutchies"
Thijs

Postby Graf Zeppelin on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 10:43 pm

I would like to thank all of the photographers who attended yesterday's Night Photoshoot for supporting the event. We had a record attendance and raised an incredible £3,300 which will go towards the ongoing restoration of the 11 Group Z Sector Ops building at Northolt. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende
Graf Zeppelin

Postby andyxh558 on Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:22 am

Just like to say thank you to phil and everyone else involved with last nights fantastic night shoot, shame the weather gods didn't play ball, (whoever wanted rain wants shooting :grin: ) Another tour de force with some very interesting additions to the proceedings and I can't wait for the next one!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
andyxh558

Postby frank on Sat 27 Mar 2010, 10:10 am

Graf Zeppelin wrote:I would like to thank all of the photographers who attended yesterday's Night Photoshoot for supporting the event. We had a record attendance and raised an incredible £3,300 which will go towards the ongoing restoration of the 11 Group Z Sector Ops building at Northolt. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil this very much works both ways - we (well me anyway) welcome the opportunity to attend an RAF base and get the rare opportunity to do these photocalls. Organisation was spot on and not too formal. Really enjoyed getting closer to the aircraft at then end. Apologies that I didnt get the chance to say thank you personally as you were always surrounded with people (thats my excuse anyway).
Can we get you franchised with more RAF bases because if Carlsberg did photocalls they would look like Notholt (apart from the weather which to be honest wasnt as bad as I expected)
once again thanks Frank
ps nice to say hello to Ian and Gary
frank

Postby ChrisM on Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:36 pm

frank wrote:Phil this very much works both ways - we (well me anyway) welcome the opportunity to attend an RAF base and get the rare opportunity to do these photocalls. Organisation was spot on and not too formal.

Phil

Can I second this, it is always a pleasure to attend a photocall at Northolt and it is great that the station benefits as well with progress in the restoration of the ops building.

Now, about franchising you out to other military airfields....
Cheers

Chris
ChrisM

Postby Graf Zeppelin on Mon 29 Mar 2010, 9:28 pm

I forgot to mention earlier, A mans black telescopic umbrella was picked up on the flightline during our FOD plod after the event. if anyone is missing such an item please contact me. :biggrin:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende
Graf Zeppelin

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle