RNHF Swordfish

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

RNHF Swordfish

Post by tankbuster81 »

Was looking forward to seeing the Swordfish at the weekend ,but it didnt show at Shoreham.Has anyone seen it around yet this year??
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Rory76

Re: RNHF Swordfish

Post by Rory76 »

With no shows like this I don't see how the RNHF can have a future displaying next season.... :whistle:
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

I was at Yeovilton, where it was due to make its debut since the rebuild, but due to the high winds they only taxied her.

I think they're a bit reluctant at the moment to risk her in anything other than perfect conditions- something which seems difficult to come across this season :grin:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

MerlinJon

Post by MerlinJon »

Hi

The Swordfish has flown a few times this year but she has been having some engine troubles recently, not sure what is wrong but they were engine running her last week.

I will post a pic when I can remember my photobucket logon details.

Remembered the logon details so here they are, they were taken at a private event at the Fleet Air Arm Museum. In fact it was the first time she had taxied since the rebuild.

Jon

wv383

Post by wv383 »

As I understand it from the guys in their sales stand, it's down to magnetos. One of them failed so they decided to change both while they were at it. Apparently it won't be long before she's back in teh air.
Simon

raiford

Post by raiford »

Rory76 wrote:With no shows like this I don't see how the RNHF can have a future displaying next season.... :whistle:

the RNHF have had their share of tragedy, accidents, technical problems and no shows, their finances are not a bottomless pit, give them a little respect and a little leeway.

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

wv383 wrote:As I understand it from the guys in their sales stand, it's down to magnetos. One of them failed so they decided to change both while they were at it. Apparently it won't be long before she's back in teh air.

In the air in time for duxford this weekend?

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

wv383 wrote:As I understand it from the guys in their sales stand, it's down to magnetos. One of them failed so they decided to change both while they were at it. Apparently it won't be long before she's back in teh air.

The official line from the RNHF site!
http://www.royalnavyhistoricflight.org.uk/home/

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Thanks for the info guys.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!