Royal Air Force 2009 publication

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
F16

Royal Air Force 2009 publication

Post by F16 »

I have just received my Official Royal Air Force Annual Review 2009 and would like to CONGRATULATE all the well known UKAR names who have had some involvement - WELL DONE :clap: :clap: :clap:
I would also like to CONGRATULATE Key Publishing who have published this up-to-date, interesting and affordable magazine(£4.99)
:smile:

Mutley

Re: Royal Air Force 2009 publication

Post by Mutley »

Its an exceptional magazine that is worth double its cover price. Super photography and lots of info.

Well done to all involved

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Agreed...superb photgraphs by some esteemed photgraphers

already bought mine...and read it... :wink: :clap:

Gooze

Post by Gooze »

Is there a web link to this? :tongue:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Gooze wrote:Is there a web link to this? :tongue:

See Here

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Mike

Post by Mike »

Isn't this what the RAF Yearbook is supposed to be for?

Or has this replaced the Yearbook?

wv383

Post by wv383 »

F16 wrote:I have just received my Official Royal Air Force Annual Review 2009 and would like to CONGRATULATE all the well known UKAR names who have had some involvement - WELL DONE :clap: :clap: :clap:
I would also like to CONGRATULATE Key Publishing who have published this up-to-date, interesting and affordable magazine(£4.99)
:smile:

I'd planned on buying this as soon as I saw it announced. Picked it up on Thursday and was more than a bit chuffed to find one of my BBMF shots included!

As for does this replace the long running Yearbook, I've no idea but I would actually doubt it as I think the Yearbook which usually comes out in May is done by the guys at Fairford, whereas this one was more of an end of 90th Anniversary thing. Whatever, well done to all the other 'names' who've got photos in it and it's also good, especially at this time of year, to see good coverage given to the guys in Afghanistand and Iraq.
Simon

Marky Mc

Post by Marky Mc »

Mike wrote:Isn't this what the RAF Yearbook is supposed to be for?

Or has this replaced the Yearbook?

No, totally separate publication. RAF Yearbook is published by RAFCTE, whilst this is the official RAF Annual Review, published by Key "...with the full support and co-operation of the Royal Air Force". Bought my copy today, certainly worth the £4.99 price tag, especially when you compare the price against a normal monthly magazine devoted to any subject you care to mention.

prmavia

Post by prmavia »

Royal Air Force 2009 (the official RAF annual review) is a commercial publication produced by Key Publishing under a contract/license that the company has secured with the RAF. It replaces the FREE annual publication that used to be published by the RAF as a PR and recruiting tool. It is in no way linked to, or replacing the Royal Air Force Yearbook. The 42nd annual Royal Air Force Yearbook is currently being prepared by Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises and will be published on 30 April 2009. The RAF Yearbook 2009 will continue to be sold to support RAF Charities.

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Got mine last saturday. Very Good!

typhoondaz

Post by typhoondaz »

Got mine yesterday, some great pics fellas, how do you get pics in it? Well worth 4.99.

Daz.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

typhoondaz wrote:Got mine yesterday, some great pics fellas, how do you get pics in it? Well worth 4.99.

Daz.

Well I submitted some BBMF shots to the CO of the Flight and hey presto!
Simon