Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby Graf Zeppelin on Tue 31 May 2011, 6:45 pm

I have been given the thumbs up today to run the next Night Photoshoot in October. I will consult with the Securite Civile in Marseille to come up with a suitable date (I am still after that elusive S-2T!) Apart from the Tracker I am toying with the idea of having a SAR theme. :biggrin:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende
User avatar
Graf Zeppelin

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby DeanW on Tue 31 May 2011, 7:03 pm

A perfect theme to get a Dutch AB412, Italian HH-3, French EC725 and Polish W-3! :wink:
Could a Hawkeye be classed as SAR?
User avatar
DeanW

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby PeterR on Tue 31 May 2011, 7:16 pm

DeanW wrote:Dutch AB412, Italian HH-3, French EC725 and Polish W-3! :wink:


Yes yes yes! :drool: plus...

USAFE HH-60 Pavehawk
UK Coastguard S-92
UK Coastguard AW139
Irish Air Corps EC135
Last edited by PeterR on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeterR

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby JohnF on Tue 31 May 2011, 7:19 pm

Great idea to have a SAR theme

Sea King Mk 5 from Culdrose
Merlin HM1
Sea King Mk.43B (Norwegian AF)
JohnF

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby andyxh558 on Tue 31 May 2011, 9:02 pm

anything spanish, is it the cougar they have?
andyxh558

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby SamP on Tue 31 May 2011, 9:07 pm

Coastguard Aw-139 certainly would be nice! :drool:

Wouldn't mind donating a few pennies to them if they're there too...
User avatar
SamP

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby wezgulf3 on Tue 31 May 2011, 9:34 pm

Superb Phil, The Korean Coast Guard Challenger 604 would look awesome under Floodlight at Northolt!!! :grin:
wezgulf3

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby tommercer on Tue 31 May 2011, 10:00 pm

A Northolt Shoot i can actually go to! Hooray
User avatar
tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby MartinNeedham on Tue 31 May 2011, 10:14 pm

Does Yanick have any friends who fly Mi-14s? :whistle:
User avatar
MartinNeedham

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby Graf Zeppelin on Tue 31 May 2011, 10:24 pm

MartinNeedham wrote:Does Yanick have any friends who fly Mi-14s? :whistle:


We have already been offered an Mi14 from the Polish Navy :biggrin:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende
User avatar
Graf Zeppelin

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby DeanW on Tue 31 May 2011, 10:33 pm

Graf Zeppelin wrote:We have already been offered an Mi14 from the Polish Navy :biggrin:

:shock: Cheque's already in the post! :grin:
User avatar
DeanW

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby PeterR on Tue 31 May 2011, 10:46 pm

Graf Zeppelin wrote:We have already been offered an Mi14 from the Polish Navy :biggrin:


Pure Win :clap:
PeterR

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby Martin the Martian on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:41 am

Polish Mi-14? I'm in! :yahoo:

Norwegian Sea King would look nice alongside...

Or how about an Algerian Merlin before they all disappear to North Africa?
50 Shades of Grey: sounds like a paint chart for modern jets
User avatar
Martin the Martian

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby JohnH on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

If it's a SAR theme, how about

Spainish Coast Guard CASA 235
Icelandic Coast Guard Dauphin

I know it's a fire fighter but what about any country that could bring in a CL 215, on the same grounds that the Grumman Tracker is still being requested to attend.

Or going towards the impossible, if Phil really wants a long distance challenge, a Canadian Forces CH149 Comorant.
User avatar
JohnH

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby chipmunk22 on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

Hi Phil,
Haven`t been on a night shoot before,would like to attend this one..
How do I register/buy ticket ??

Many Thanks

Colin
chipmunk22

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby Graf Zeppelin on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:14 pm

chipmunk22 wrote:Hi Phil,
Haven`t been on a night shoot before,would like to attend this one..
How do I register/buy ticket ??

Many Thanks

Colin


I will PM you
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende
User avatar
Graf Zeppelin

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby tommercer on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:40 pm

Graf Zeppelin wrote:
chipmunk22 wrote:Hi Phil,
Haven`t been on a night shoot before,would like to attend this one..
How do I register/buy ticket ??

Many Thanks

Colin


I will PM you

Same here, this will be my first
User avatar
tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby Fizzy on Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:55 pm

Phil, would be fantastic if the same Polish Sokol crew came back-absolute legends!
Cheers mate-Nick
Fizzy

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby ian loasby on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:25 am

Morning all , as a veteran of many railway night shoots and blowing my own trumpet here organiser of a night shoot at manc with G-BOAC raising £700 that went to the trident appeal , i would very much like to learn more of what you guys do, cost's etc.

please contact me at

info@ianloasbyphotography.co.uk

Also nearly did the first night shoot with the Vulcan to raise a grand for them but it was scuppered by their corporate affairs people who did not like the idea of them giving away copyright for £25 to 40 photers (25 x 40 =£1000) and somebody getting an iconic shot of the aircraft, and making a mint by sewlling it at airshows.

some people just do not get the concept, night shoots are about raisingmoney for the presavation movement and not for profit, in the railway world that is.

regards
Ian L :rock:
ian loasby

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby PeterR on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:58 am

Weak connection but I'm pretty sure I've seen a German CH-53 in SAR fit. And also aren't the Army 212's (the lush camo ones) used for SAR over in Belize? :cool:
PeterR

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby MerlinJon on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:06 am

ian loasby wrote:Morning all , as a veteran of many railway night shoots and blowing my own trumpet here organiser of a night shoot at manc with G-BOAC raising £700 that went to the trident appeal , i would very much like to learn more of what you guys do, cost's etc.

please contact me at

info@ianloasbyphotography.co.uk

Also nearly did the first night shoot with the Vulcan to raise a grand for them but it was scuppered by their corporate affairs people who did not like the idea of them giving away copyright for £25 to 40 photers (25 x 40 =£1000) and somebody getting an iconic shot of the aircraft, and making a mint by sewlling it at airshows.

some people just do not get the concept, night shoots are about raisingmoney for the presavation movement and not for profit, in the railway world that is.

regards
Ian L :rock:


So what do they think happens at every Vulcan appereance?
User avatar
MerlinJon

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby DonBonzo on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

Having seen the results of the recent shoot, I'd be interested in making the trip down from Yorkshire for the next one in October.....especially if you could make it on the 15th or 17th for obvious reasons! :biggrin:

Tim
Never trust a skinny chef.
Youth and experience are no match for age and treachery.
User avatar
DonBonzo

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby DylanLlewellyn on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

Hi Phil

Please count me in as usual, sounds like a cracker already!!

Cheers, Dylan
DylanLlewellyn

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby RickIngham on Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:00 pm

Jumbojet380 wrote: And also aren't the Army 212's (the lush camo ones) used for SAR over in Belize? :cool:


That would be nice! If I remember right, Phil has tried in the past but it would be great if the AAC could let us have one for the night!
And they're pulling out of Belize now though and the aircraft will be out of there by August i'm told. That just leaves Brunei.
Coastgaurd AW139 and 771sqn Seaking are other great ideas!
User avatar
RickIngham

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot X

Postby RRconway on Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

Looking forward to it already Phil. PLease count me in.

SAR eh....Nimrod Nimrod :yahoo: ....well I can hope :lol:

Has there ever been a Nimrod at Northolt?

Rgds,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.
User avatar
RRconway

Next

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests