First Appearances for 2009

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Red Dragon

First Appearances for 2009

Post by Red Dragon »

As the title says guys, with the nights now being very long, I'm just wondering about about which shows to attend in 2009. The priority shows for me next year are any shows that might have a first time appearance of any rebuilt/ renovated warbirds. Anyone know of any possibilities apart from possibly the 2nd Gladiator at Duxford and the Tempests?

Many Thanks In Advance
Roll on the DRY 2009 Season! :biggrin:

HuwJHopkins

Re: First Appearances for 2009

Post by HuwJHopkins »

Red Dragon wrote:As the title says guys, with the nights now being very long, I'm just wondering about about which shows to attend in 2009. The priority shows for me next year are any shows that might have a first time appearance of any rebuilt/ renovated warbirds. Anyone know of any possibilities apart from possibly the 2nd Gladiator at Duxford and the Tempests?

Many Thanks In Advance

Tempests??? Do you mean the two being restored by Tempert Two Ltd in Lincolnshire? Havn't actually heard anything about them recently although Flypass 'UK Warbirds' supplement at the start of the year says that G-TEMP/MQ763 is currently undergoing final assembly.

Cheers, Huw :smile:

Buccsociety

Post by Buccsociety »

You might see Meteor T.7 WA591 next season, it is currently undergoing reassembly at Kemble.
For the latest on preserved Blackburn Buccaneers
http://buccsociety.conforums.com

Mr OAG

Post by Mr OAG »

We are hoping to have the debut appearance of Mr Teichmann's Hurri-bomber at the 10th Anniversary Abingdon Air & Country Show

Colin
Abingdon Air & Country Show
www.abingdonairandcountry.co.uk

Oxfordshire Aviation Group

Boghopper Mk 11a

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

The Tempest at the moment is waiting for its donkey undergoing a re-build in the states. Our 2-seat Seafury will hopefully make its debut ( Not the RNHF machine at NorthWeald ). And one or two other things as well :ninja:

HuwJHopkins

Post by HuwJHopkins »

We should also be getting the debut of the TFC's P-47G :yahoo: :biggrin:

Tangoringo

Post by Tangoringo »

There's always a certain P38 going by the name of Glacier Girl :biggrin:

2009 has been pencilled in for Operation Bolero III. Keep an eye out on AishowBuzz for updates.

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

What about the Red Bull P-38?

One hopes TFC's 'new' Fury will go to Yeovilton Air Day, I'm sure the organisers could put it in the display early so it can get back to Legends :)
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

sjt

Post by sjt »

Is there not any Meteor's flying in the UK at the moment. Really enjoy previous displays I have seen
BARNEY ARMY! BARNEY ARMY!

Keep Britain Farming

HuwJHopkins

Post by HuwJHopkins »

sjt wrote:Is there not any Meteor's flying in the UK at the moment. Really enjoy previous displays I have seen

Not sure on it's current status but Air Atlantiques NF.11 is still flying :smile:

Cheers, Huw

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

HuwJHopkins wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:As the title says guys, with the nights now being very long, I'm just wondering about about which shows to attend in 2009. The priority shows for me next year are any shows that might have a first time appearance of any rebuilt/ renovated warbirds. Anyone know of any possibilities apart from possibly the 2nd Gladiator at Duxford and the Tempests?

Many Thanks In Advance

Tempests??? Do you mean the two being restored by Tempert Two Ltd in Lincolnshire? Havn't actually heard anything about them recently although Flypass 'UK Warbirds' supplement at the start of the year says that G-TEMP/MQ763 is currently undergoing final assembly.

Yep they're the ones, I know that they're in "suspended animation" at the moment regarding their re-build, however it does look promising especially for any Sea Furies and the P-47G, I'd forgotten about Glacier Girl!! :oops: :grin:

Again many thanks chaps :clap:

Yak 11 Fan

Post by Yak 11 Fan »

Who knows, we might just get a booking for the new Mustang in 2009... :smile: