Wessex G-BYRC

Wessex G-BYRC

Postby RickIngham on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:08 pm

Does anybody know what is happening with Wessex G-BYRC? It was supposed to be returning to flight in 2010, 2011 then 2012...does anybody have an update?

Thanks
RickIngham

Re: Wessex G-BYRC

Postby hunterxf382 on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

Just looked it up on G-INFO and it appears to have been re-registered on 09/02/2011 to the same owner but nothing heard of any return to flight status yet..... more's the pity as it's been a long time since I heard a Wessex in the skies

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=reg&fullregmark=BYRC
Last edited by hunterxf382 on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Buckingham
XF382 @ MAM
The Events Team
Roving Groundcrew and Events Volunteer
hunterxf382

Postby Rory76 on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

Wasn't there a Whirlwind in a close to airworthy state? NEVER seen one of them
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)
Rory76

Postby Rory76 on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:20 pm

hope you don't mind me diversifying your thread btw
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)
Rory76

Postby RickIngham on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

Thanks hunterxf382...
Rory, go ahead. The more news regarding helicopters of the past getting airbourne again the better!
RickIngham

Postby centaurus18 on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

The last I heard was Westland hold the Display Approval for the Wessex and were not prepared to sanction private use, following the fatal accident of a example in New Zealand? Things may have changed since though.
Kennet Aviation was also interested in restoring an example to flight years ago, but decided not to proceed.

The Whirlwind that was airworthy about 10 years ago went to Ireland IIRC?
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'
centaurus18

Postby vortex003 on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

centaurus18 wrote:The last I heard was Westland hold the Display Approval for the Wessex and were not prepared to sanction private use, following the fatal accident of a example in New Zealand? Things may have changed since though.
Kennet Aviation was also interested in restoring an example to flight years ago, but decided not to proceed.

The Whirlwind that was airworthy about 10 years ago went to Ireland IIRC?

The Whirlwind is G-BVGE,but i havn't seen it airborne for a few years now.It is based in Co.Leitrim in the Republic of Ireland.
vortex003

Postby 8674planes on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"
8674planes

Return to Aviation Waffle