Shackleton WR963 - [Official Topic]

Re: Shackleton WR963 - [Official Topic]

Postby Stagger2 on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 9:58 am

May be that was the surprise for 2018 Defendermad .?
Stagger2

Postby Blue_2 on Tue 10 Jul 2018, 8:30 am

To partially address the issues regarding communications, take a look at this. It would seem that some of 63's old team are still more interested in trying to create problems for the old girl rather than doing something constructive towards aircraft preservation.

https://www.facebook.com/avro.shackl...type=3&theater

It seems they are best off out of it, confined to being keyboard warriors, and away from such things as screwdrivers and spanners with which they could actually do some real harm to an aircraft.

I just hope no other aircraft group has had the misfortune of saddling themselves with such cretins, for their own good.
Meteor WS788 Restoration Team
Blue_2

Postby IP1960 on Tue 10 Jul 2018, 10:04 pm

Blue_2 wrote:To partially address the issues regarding communications, take a look at this. It would seem that some of 63's old team are still more interested in trying to create problems for the old girl rather than doing something constructive towards aircraft preservation.

https://www.facebook.com/avro.shackl...type=3&theater

It seems they are best off out of it, confined to being keyboard warriors, and away from such things as screwdrivers and spanners with which they could actually do some real harm to an aircraft.

I just hope no other aircraft group has had the misfortune of saddling themselves with such cretins, for their own good.

Yes I was reading the various comments on the FB page earlier. Two sides to every story and all that, and there have clearly been issues in the past, but to do this seems very petty. The gentleman named on there was viewing this forum in the last two hours, so I'd be interested to hear his justification for these actions if true.
IP1960

Postby vulcan558 on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 3:22 pm

Cannot see the facebook page, though it does look a shame to be in this situation.
I know that the team looking after her are doing a grand job and feel she is in good hands.
To be honest I was seriously thinking of joining and giving them a hand now i have more time on my hands outside of work.
Think 558 was my last volunteer group many moons ago.
So with the Shack just down the rd from me it would be worth having a look maybe sometime.
vulcan558

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle