Sea Vixen XP924 Thread

Sea Vixen XP924 Thread

Postby AARDVARK on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 8:56 am

Hi guys,

Sure it's been covered somewhere in last few weeks/months,but just wondering what the latest was with returning the sea vixen to flight??

Ta ... :cool:
AARDVARK

Re: Foxy lady ??

Postby FGR2 on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 9:13 am

I think they are still awaiting clearance/paperwork from the CAA. They were due to do engine/taxi runs last Friday (yesterday), but due to circumstances out of their control this was cancelled.
FGR2

Postby Tilney.G on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 9:58 am

Have a look at their Facebook page ( Link Below!)
They are always updating it and it gives you a good idea in what state she is in for flying :smile:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Sea-Vi ... 9626256242
Tilney.G

Postby AARDVARK on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 2:18 pm

AARDVARK

Postby BFA on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 3:25 pm

After speaking with the engineers on Thursday , they are hoping to have her back in the air at the end of June / beginning of July .... and that can't happen soon enough in my opinion.
BFA
UKAR Supporter

Postby FGR2 on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:59 pm

Ground runs tomorrow afternoon :) according to Facebook.
FGR2

Postby DanH on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 11:17 am

Hoping to fly Friday - Subject to all the normal conditions! Stupid grins at the ready!

From Foxy Lady's Facebook page. :smile:
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Postby FGR2 on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:35 pm

6PM on Friday from Facebook :smile:
FGR2

Postby Rory76 on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:36 pm

From FB
Subject to normal conditions - Foxy intends to fly at approximately 6pm on Friday.
is it just me, or is it getting hot in here! :)
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)
Rory76

Postby Tilney.G on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

Still hopes that she gets up tonight :confused:
From Facebook " Bad news buddies, pilot stuck in traffic so no pilot, no flight.
Maybe there is a downside to blue skies and sunshine! "
Tilney.G

Postby Tilney.G on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

EDIT: No flight tonight as no pilot! :sad:
Tilney.G

Postby Thumper on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:41 pm

Such a shame, glad I decided not to make the journey down there now!!
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby MRTT on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 5:02 pm

Hopefully she will still make VL
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby AARDVARK on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 6:22 pm

Any chance of flight tommorow then??
AARDVARK

Postby FGR2 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 6:27 pm

Apparently early next week now :(. Not sure what that means for its chances of being at Yeovilton now :(

Surely they cannot get test flights done, and display practices in within a few days can they?
FGR2

Postby Disaster Area on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:28 pm

Just back from watching the Sea Vixen do her fast taxy runs at Hurn, not sure when she will be flying though!
Disaster Area

Postby Thumper on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:35 pm

From Facebook - Flight trials 4:30(ish)
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby Tilney.G on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:31 pm

Thumper wrote:From Facebook - Flight trials 4:30(ish)

Didn't get up again for some reason, Hoping for tomorrow now :confused:
Tilney.G

Postby Thumper on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm

Mmmm I know, that's twice today I've been looking out of the window for nothing! Not sure what the problem was this time but as you say they are looking at tomorrow now.
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby lynothehammer on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 5:04 pm

Really can't see her being at Yeovilton this weekend, just isn't enough time. Fingers crossed...
lynothehammer

Postby Disaster Area on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 6:07 pm

When I was watching the taxi runs today I noticed a lot of blue smoke venting from the top of the fuselage when returning to idle from any power, I've seen the sea vixen many times before and never noticed this blue smoke before so wonder if the lack of flights today is related?
Disaster Area

Postby FGR2 on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 7:33 pm

It's all a bit odd.

On Facebook they said there was a test flight due last Friday. A poster on another forum, who is apparently involved or has links, stated that he wasn't aware of any flight being scheduled for last Friday.

The flight is cancelled on FB due to the pilot beig stuck in traffic. Test flight due this week.

According to other poster a further taxi run was needed before any flight. The permit processing date was for today which he stated that a flight wouldn't have been able to take place until they had that anyway.

The test runs today probably tie in with what the poster has said. Not sure how accurate the FB updates are.
FGR2

Postby BFA on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:38 pm

FGR2 wrote:It's all a bit odd.

On Facebook they said there was a test flight due last Friday. A poster on another forum, who is apparently involved or has links, stated that he wasn't aware of any flight being scheduled for last Friday.

The flight is cancelled on FB due to the pilot beig stuck in traffic. Test flight due this week.

According to other poster a further taxi run was needed before any flight. The permit processing date was for today which he stated that a flight wouldn't have been able to take place until they had that anyway.

The test runs today probably tie in with what the poster has said. Not sure how accurate the FB updates are.

Can't comment on the info supplied or claims by the poster on another forum but I do know that the person who updates the FB page works at DS Aviation and is a reliable source of information. Can't see why they would fib to the Foxy fans who follow the page.
Everything that's been posted on the Facebook page has happened ( baring the flights ) on the days that they have said it would happen.
BFA
UKAR Supporter

Postby AARDVARK on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

Lets just hope they can get her back in the air soon, I guess it's ultimately in everyone's interest :)
AARDVARK

Postby cw318is on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:11 am

And this mornings facebook update.....

Sea Vixen FAW2 G-Cvix "Foxy Lady"
Ok, here we go again....
Flying at approx 12.30 give or take a bit.
I can't walk, everythings crossed!!! :))
DamienB wrote:Airshows aren't just about sunlit topsides chaps.
cw318is

Next

Return to Aviation Waffle