Sea Vixen XP924 Thread

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
st24

Re: Sea Vixen XP924 Thread

Post by st24 »

Mike wrote:Their problems seem to run far deeper than just funding. They've already had half a million quid of LIBOR fine money specifically to sort the Pegasus engines, plus I understand some of the new parts were also paid for by an outside donor on top of this, and have utterly failed to solve the issues. They have a hangar full of broken aeroplanes, and at their recent event at Old Warden were unable to field anything more than a single Chipmunk. Very sad to see how far the RNHF have fallen from their heyday in the 80s where they were regularly able to field multiple aircraft almost every weekend in the summer months.

Indeed, since civvy "ownership" they really have struggled. As you say back in the day, the familiar Swordfish /SeaFury / Firefly trio along with the BBMF were the only "warbirds" many shows would get... Such a shame. :sad:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Steve p

Post by Steve p »

Very sad news really, always had a soft spot for the Sea Vixen and delighted one was airworthy, now yet another British cold war jet that we can only see gathering dust in a cramped museum hall. :sad:

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Just glad I've seen it as much as I have over the years.

I'll never forget Jonathon Whalley's very low level beat up of the runway when he took the jet off to Yeovilton. :worship:

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

NavyWingsUK

Post by NavyWingsUK »

The Navy Wings Sea Vixen maintenance team are looking to acquire the use of 2 additional RR Avon engine stands, can you help the Sea Vixen team? Please share this post and if you can help please email office@navywings.org.uk
Funded by public donations, Navy Wings maintains & flies & displays historic aircraft navywings.org.uk