mirage

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
rob

mirage

Post by rob »

iv heard that the french mirage 2000 wont displaying next year is this true why is it
United states = product of United kingdom

Liveforriat

Re: mirage

Post by Liveforriat »

I imagine because the French want to start to put the Rafale into the public eye. At present the Grippen, Eurofighter and Superhornet all have dedicated display aircraft and these are all competitors in the export market.

I also imagine that as the mirage display is so damn good they wouldnt want it showing up their new toy :)
Was once Liveforriat2007 but that wasnt a great year so Ive decided to simply live for RIAT period.

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

As much I'm looking forward to finally seeing the Rafale, I'll be sad to see the Mirage go as it has one of the best displays around for a number of years.
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

Saw it for thlast time at Angers 2 weeks ago. Probably the best Fast Jet display of the year for me. Stunningly dynamic and lots of rolling at high speeds. Your last chance if "Down South" is to catch a Ryanair flight to Poitiers at the end of the month for the show there. Not sure what else is going but worth it just for the Mirage :rock: :rock:

Gooze

Post by Gooze »

So theres a chance it could end up at Biggin Hill 09' instead of the 2000 :drool:

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Gooze wrote:So theres a chance it could end up at Biggin Hill 09' instead of the 2000 :drool:

Yes, but propably won't be present as there's a French Air Force show the same weekend! :sad: