Breitling Jet Team first piece of music ?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
patrouille2001

Breitling Jet Team first piece of music ?

Post by patrouille2001 »

Hi Everybody.
Watching footage of the Breitling Jet Team and remembering them from RIAT, I was wondering what the first piece of music is they play. It is heard on the following clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZyHrmQiXfY

Many Thanks in advance
Paul :question:

ChrisR

Re: Breitling Jet Team first piece of music ?

Post by ChrisR »

Nightwish-Sleeping Sun

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

That was quick. Many Thanks :smile:

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

There are actually two versions of that song, the original (which is on the clip), and a version they re-recorded in 2005, (which had more powerful, full on classical vocals), that was shortly before the band fired Tarja (the lead singer) :sad:

If you like that, try youtube for the songs Nemo, Creek Mary's Blood and Ghost Love Score. :rock:

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

Many Thanks. I am already downloading some of their songs from I tunes. Brilliant. I like Within Temptation and Avanstasia at the minute as well

Paul :smile:

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

patrouille2001 wrote:Many Thanks. I am already downloading some of their songs from I tunes. Brilliant. I like Within Temptation and Avanstasia at the minute as well

Paul :smile:

Within Temptation are fabulous! :smile:

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

I got into Nightwish after hearing the piece of music with the Breitlings at Fairford. Love them now!
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

That piece of music from RIAT has stayed with me and I wondered who it was. Then watching the Breitlings on You Tube, got stuck in my mind. I have already downloaded a couple of cds worth from I tunes :smile:

PhilEAF92

Post by PhilEAF92 »

Nightwish and Within Temptation great bands; I was very lucky to see Nightwish with Tarja in Bradford a few years ago

You might also want to check out Lacuna Coil, Delain, Edenbridge , After Forever and Epica if you like that sort of thing

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

I've seen Within Temptation about 3 times now :) I've liked Nightwish since "Once" Came out, then I discovered Within Temptation the following year.

I saw Within Temptation at Wembley earlier this year, they have come a long way since I first saw them at the Astoria in Tottenham Court Road. :rock:

Re. Nightwish, Not too keen on the post Tarja stuff though, "Amaranth" wasn't too bad.

Sussexlad

Post by Sussexlad »

I discovered Within Temptation first and now love Nightwish and Epica too, all similar genre but with their own band/singer flavours and personalities.

As for Nightwish and the debate around which of their 3 singers is/were the best, it has to be Floor for me due to her versatility but most importantly her stage presence that has totally transformed their live performances. Previously, Tarja had the stage presence of a brick!

See for yourself and stick with it to the end where her singing literally raises the hairs on the back of your neck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFskwQjQQ_E I would even go as far as to say one of the best ever live performances by any female vocalists - the song is absolutely made for her.

And here is a more recent recording of Sleeping Sun too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsotlzr9wNw
https://tim-beach-photography.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;