Surprised this wasn't mention about the Swordfish

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Mooshie1956

Surprised this wasn't mention about the Swordfish

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Found this about a £500k grant to keep the RNHF Swordfish flying
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2015/february/05/150205-swordfish
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

BriLlo

Re: Surprised this wasn't mention about the Swordfish

Post by BriLlo »

Hi, I wonder whether any of our better connected contributors (Mr Howard?) know what the plans are for NF389, which is notable by its absence in the funding write up?

My understanding is she's still at Brough, pending full restoration but being used as a source of spares?

Is there realistically any hope of seeing all 3 (marks 1,2 & 3) airworthy at the same time? Or would this be too great a strain on the RNHF funds?

Could it be traded to another organisation (Shuttleworth, TFC, Kennet) for whom it wouldn't be a duplication, maybe raise money/assitance for the Fury?

Just wondering.

Brian

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

I was told at Yeovilton during a visit last year that NF389 was at Yeovilton in store, though it was not present in the RNHF main hangar at the time.
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

wv383

Post by wv383 »

As far as I remember, there is no way that they can have all three flying at once as there are not enough Pegasus engines around to make it happen. Two, yes but definitely not three.
Simon

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

A Swordfish for Shuttleworth, now that would be nice. How about a swapping it for the Wildcat ?