Thailand tips.

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Sid-104

Thailand tips.

Post by Sid-104 »

I will soon be taking a trip to Thailand and with three days in Bangkok at the start of the holiday, a visit to the Air force museum is high on the agenda. Getting there from the city centre should be easy enough but are taxis ok to find for the return? Also, is there a preferable time to go for photos regarding light on the aircraft outside? A look on Google street map tells me there are some aircraft on the opposite side of the road which is part of the Air Force academy. A sign says aviation park, is this open to the public and if not, is it ok to take shots of the pole-mounted aircraft from outside? I realise you have to be very careful in some countries so any advice from guys who have been (or any advice for Thailand in general) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks. Sid.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: Thailand tips.

Post by Domvickery »

Watch out for those shims :grin:
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Sid-104 wrote:but are taxis ok to find for the return?
From what I remember from someone that has done it by taxi: Make an appointment with the driver that brings you to the museum to pick you up again at an agreed time. If you don't you are in trouble to return back to the city.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Sid-104

Post by Sid-104 »

Thanks for the tip on the taxi. Looks like there's a monorail running north out of the city with a stop near our hotel so might take it to the last station then pick up a taxi to the museum and back. As for the shims, Dom, I believe Crocodile Dundee came up with a good test which should serve me well. :lol:

Regards Sid.