The People’s Mosquito

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby borismorris on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:33 pm

I'd take a pink with purple spots scheme on a Mossie over no Mossie at all...
borismorris

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby RAF4EVER on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 6:51 pm

borismorris wrote:I'd take a pink with purple spots scheme on a Mossie over no Mossie at all...


I would take a purple with pink spots :lol: :grin: :clap:
RAF4EVER

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Spiny Norman on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 8:24 pm

st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:Failing that a 633 Squadron scheme would be alright too.


:hide: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :surrender:

This, with a few more oooooooooos! Poor old RR299 looked and sounded fab but spent it's entire civvy life as a made up aeroplane with no historical significance other than it was a functioning Mossie.


The last three words are the crucial bit. The late great Bill Shankly was asked by one of his players about his role on the pitch to which Shankly replied "If you're not sure what to do, put the ball in the net and we'll talk about it later." That's my thinking on this: let's get the aircraft built and then worry about how to paint it afterwards.
He's done another book. You're joking.
User avatar
Spiny Norman

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby FarnboroJohn on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 9:40 pm

RAF4EVER wrote:
borismorris wrote:I'd take a pink with purple spots scheme on a Mossie over no Mossie at all...


I would take a purple with pink spots :lol: :grin: :clap:


The Purple Plane, eh. The perfick solution :wink:

John
FarnboroJohn

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Seahornet on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:36 am

FarnboroJohn wrote:
RAF4EVER wrote:
borismorris wrote:I'd take a pink with purple spots scheme on a Mossie over no Mossie at all...


I would take a purple with pink spots :lol: :grin: :clap:


The Purple Plane, eh. The perfick solution :wink:

John


Perfick indeed; it took me a minute, but I got there... :clap:
And as the smart ship grew,
In stature, grace and hue,
In shadowy silent distance grew the iceberg too....
User avatar
Seahornet

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Shortfinals on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:50 am

Hello,

This was just published, following about two weeks work with 'Air & Space / Smithsonian' Magazine. Enjoy!

https://www.airspacemag.com/military-av ... 180967119/

('Originally appeared in AIR & SPACE/SMITHSONIAN magazine')
Director, Engineering & Airframe Compliance, The People's Mosquito Ltd
Principal, Air Show Consultants
Shortfinals

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Weather Watcher on Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

Shortfinals wrote:Hello,

This was just published, following about two weeks work with 'Air & Space / Smithsonian' Magazine. Enjoy!

https://www.airspacemag.com/military-av ... 180967119/


Thanks, very interesting.
User avatar
Weather Watcher

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests