The People’s Mosquito

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Berf on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 6:32 am

Shortfinals wrote:
Berf wrote:
Shortfinals wrote:On another front, The People's Mosquito were just made Full Members of Aviation Heritage UK. AHUK delegates voted TPM in by an overwhelming majority at their recent meeting at RAF Halton.



Whoops - that's a dangerous one for this forum bearing in mind who the chairman of Aviation Heritage UK is.


I'd just like to point out the Aviation Heritage UK is the 'gold standard' organisation for aviation museums and preservation organisations in the UK, and runs the highly-acclaimed ' Stopping The Rot' Conferences (see below for example of their content),

"The John Bagley Memorial Lecture – a permanent feature of the conference - will be given by Andrew McGlynn, Head of Development at the RAF Museum, on the Dornier Do-17z recovery and fundraising. Another speaker will be Dave Morris, Curator of Aircraft at the Fleet Air Arm Museum and he will focus on the restoration of the museum’s Grumman Martlet and its French connection. Matthew Hick from the National Railway Museum and Peter Collins from Rolls Royce will focus on the Charter for Heritage Volunteering and the development of best practice. Other speakers will address conservation issues, Comet 4C weatherproofing, Comet C Mk2 recovery and a Bolingbroke restoration."

I should be very cautious how you applied the word 'dangerous' to AHUK - particularly since I served on its National Executive when it was known as BAPC !


Let's be clear Shortfinals I did not apply the word dangerous to to the AHUK - I said dangerous one - for this forum. This bears in mind the attitude taken by some to a certain person debated ad nauseum on this forum. It has nothing to do with any of the two organisations mentioned.
Berf

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby The Baron on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 7:22 am

Berf wrote:
Shortfinals wrote:
Berf wrote:
Shortfinals wrote:On another front, The People's Mosquito were just made Full Members of Aviation Heritage UK. AHUK delegates voted TPM in by an overwhelming majority at their recent meeting at RAF Halton.



Whoops - that's a dangerous one for this forum bearing in mind who the chairman of Aviation Heritage UK is.


I'd just like to point out the Aviation Heritage UK is the 'gold standard' organisation for aviation museums and preservation organisations in the UK, and runs the highly-acclaimed ' Stopping The Rot' Conferences (see below for example of their content),

"The John Bagley Memorial Lecture – a permanent feature of the conference - will be given by Andrew McGlynn, Head of Development at the RAF Museum, on the Dornier Do-17z recovery and fundraising. Another speaker will be Dave Morris, Curator of Aircraft at the Fleet Air Arm Museum and he will focus on the restoration of the museum’s Grumman Martlet and its French connection. Matthew Hick from the National Railway Museum and Peter Collins from Rolls Royce will focus on the Charter for Heritage Volunteering and the development of best practice. Other speakers will address conservation issues, Comet 4C weatherproofing, Comet C Mk2 recovery and a Bolingbroke restoration."

I should be very cautious how you applied the word 'dangerous' to AHUK - particularly since I served on its National Executive when it was known as BAPC !


Let's be clear Shortfinals I did not apply the word dangerous to to the AHUK - I said dangerous one - for this forum. This bears in mind the attitude taken by some to a certain person debated ad nauseum on this forum. It has nothing to do with any of the two organisations mentioned.


I'm not sure that AHUK and UKHAT are the same thing...
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby NAM Updater on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 9:34 am

Aviation Heritage UK (AHUK) was formerly known as BAPC (British Aviation Preservation Council), which was originally formed back in the 1960s by a number of like-minded aviation groups / museums; its name changed about 18 months ago.

https://aviationheritageuk.org/

It was heavily involved in the compilation of the National Aviation Heritage Register, which recognises / notes the status of the majority of the preserved airframes in the UK.
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
11 & 12 August 2018 - NAM 1940s Weekend
http://newarkairmuseum.org
User avatar
NAM Updater

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Berf on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 10:50 am

The Baron wrote:
Berf wrote:
Shortfinals wrote:
Berf wrote:
Shortfinals wrote:On another front, The People's Mosquito were just made Full Members of Aviation Heritage UK. AHUK delegates voted TPM in by an overwhelming majority at their recent meeting at RAF Halton.



Whoops - that's a dangerous one for this forum bearing in mind who the chairman of Aviation Heritage UK is.


I'd just like to point out the Aviation Heritage UK is the 'gold standard' organisation for aviation museums and preservation organisations in the UK, and runs the highly-acclaimed ' Stopping The Rot' Conferences (see below for example of their content),

"The John Bagley Memorial Lecture – a permanent feature of the conference - will be given by Andrew McGlynn, Head of Development at the RAF Museum, on the Dornier Do-17z recovery and fundraising. Another speaker will be Dave Morris, Curator of Aircraft at the Fleet Air Arm Museum and he will focus on the restoration of the museum’s Grumman Martlet and its French connection. Matthew Hick from the National Railway Museum and Peter Collins from Rolls Royce will focus on the Charter for Heritage Volunteering and the development of best practice. Other speakers will address conservation issues, Comet 4C weatherproofing, Comet C Mk2 recovery and a Bolingbroke restoration."

I should be very cautious how you applied the word 'dangerous' to AHUK - particularly since I served on its National Executive when it was known as BAPC !


Let's be clear Shortfinals I did not apply the word dangerous to to the AHUK - I said dangerous one - for this forum. This bears in mind the attitude taken by some to a certain person debated ad nauseum on this forum. It has nothing to do with any of the two organisations mentioned.


I'm not sure that AHUK and UKHAT are the same thing...


I think you are confused - none of the previous was anything to do with UKHAT
Berf

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Shortfinals on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 2:38 pm

NAM Updater wrote:Aviation Heritage UK (AHUK) was formerly known as BAPC (British Aviation Preservation Council), which was originally formed back in the 1960s by a number of like-minded aviation groups / museums; its name changed about 18 months ago.

https://aviationheritageuk.org/

It was heavily involved in the compilation of the National Aviation Heritage Register, which recognises / notes the status of the majority of the preserved airframes in the UK.



Thank you for clarifying this, Howard
Director, Engineering & Airframe Compliance, The People's Mosquito Ltd
Principal, Air Show Consultants
Shortfinals

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Shortfinals on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 3:47 pm

'JustGiving' Fund Raising Launch Campaign

Today, The People's Mosquito have announced their 'JustGiving' Launch Campaign for the Front End Engineering stage of the build. Every £ spent on Front End Engineering saves many £'s later in the build. This campaign has been designed to make it easy for everyone who wants to donate - even a small amount - to do so. By supporting The People's Mosquito, you will be ensuring that YOUR Mosquito takes to the air, following a superb restoration by those masters in the field, Retrotec.

Full details are here http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/2018/ ... -uk-build/

Every donation helps!

And, thank you........

Ross
Director, Engineering & Airframe Compliance, The People's Mosquito Ltd
Principal, Air Show Consultants
Shortfinals

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Shortfinals on Sun 01 Jul 2018, 5:18 pm

A huge thank you to all those who visited TPM's stand at Old Warden, today and showed their support. And many thanks to the Airfield Fire Service and SVAS, too! A beautiful day, but 31C is no joke.........

bit.ly/LaunchTPM

See you all at RIAT (or Legends, we'll have a stand at both) Please drop by and ask us all those interesting questions!
Director, Engineering & Airframe Compliance, The People's Mosquito Ltd
Principal, Air Show Consultants
Shortfinals

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Shortfinals on Sun 01 Jul 2018, 9:37 pm

Stewart Charman, the Director of Communications for The People's Mosquito has just issued the following statement in response to several queries.

"The People's Mosquito were offered the Mosquito wing jigs by the owner and it would have been foolish to turn down the opportunity to secure such an valuable asset. We’ll be bringing them back to the UK as soon as we can, along with our wing ribs, which are already complete.

Following the launch of our targeted fundraising campaign this month, we will continue to work with Retrotec to advance our UK-build plan, the advantages of which greatly outweigh any challenges. To this end, Guy Black of Retrotec, the world renowned aircraft restorers, will shortly be spending time with TPM's Ross Sharp to discuss our 22,000 plus collection of Mosquito drawings, and advanced engineering planning for the project. bit.ly/LaunchTPM "
Director, Engineering & Airframe Compliance, The People's Mosquito Ltd
Principal, Air Show Consultants
Shortfinals

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 5:26 pm

Well, back in March I said I'd be bunging some cash towards TPM.
At RIAT on Friday morning, I made good that promise.
Good to meet the enthusiastic people manning the TPM stand, and nice to hear so many have South Walian backgrounds :biggrin:
Another TPM Club Member added to the ranks :up:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby BillRamsey on Tue 17 Jul 2018, 3:14 pm

Thank you and welcome. The team had a great RIAT as did our other team at Legends on what was undoubtedly our most ambitious weekend to date. Many new friends made all round.

Bill
BillRamsey

Re: The People’s Mosquito

Postby FarnboroJohn on Tue 17 Jul 2018, 10:30 pm

I meant to drop in at RIAT but with only one day at the show it was rather full on.... I did however spend some time with the team at Legends on Sunday and joined the club (car blew up the other week and has been replaced rather than serviced!) I look forward to future developments!
FarnboroJohn

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: County1884, f4phixeruk, John_E, MicrolightDriver, nacl1, pbeardmore and 16 guests