'Anyone got a map for the Mach loop'?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
HeyfordDave111

'Anyone got a map for the Mach loop'?

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

A seemingly innocent question posed today , not by little Jonny or his dad wanting to visit the loop, but by someone in an aircraft actually visiting the loop!

To protect the 'innocent' I shall not say anything further, but find it astonishing in this day and age this question could get asked.
Got to love Russianhardware

borismorris

Re: 'Anyone got a map for the Mach loop'?

Post by borismorris »

Did you see/ hear the parking at Cad West issue today?..

How long before that carpark is p&d or worse still closed off?

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Wouldn't be one of the SP F-16 pilots by any chance, heard they kind of got lost.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

borismorris wrote:Did you see/ hear the parking at Cad West issue today?..

How long before that carpark is p&d or worse still closed off?

Cad west parking was terrible. People parked half on / half off the main road, stocking out into traffic both ways, one down a ditch.

The problem wasn't helped by some arriving early parking as though they needed the equivalent of 2 parking bays for 1 car.

People parked both sides, basically causing a squeeze point for traffic up and down the valley. Damed stupid if you ask me.
Mind you 82 cars were counted parked both sides of the road at cad west.
The police attended and lots of pictures and notes were taken of the offending vehicles so expect some paperwork in the post if you were one of these people.

Was told that the Blwych was full at 5.30am too, and cad east was parking in the woods, and some getting stuck in the mud parking where they shouldn't and having to get the farmer to come out and tow them out.

All for what transpired, apart from Pinky, who's through again today apparently, and the 2 Belgians, and the lost air tourists alluded too giving us the biggest laugh you'll probably find over the cad, it was very 'meh' :dunno:

Shame the gripen and the 3 chicks didn't actually do the loop either despite being very visible transiting to what looked to be Valley.

Not sure how long cad east will remain viable though, people don't know the rules or don't care and this will mean a longer walk for everyone, as the cure isn't palatable for those who do obey the rules regarding access etc.
Speaking to the chap that delivers gas, he seems to think the paperwork is in to close the car park before the gate as it's needed for the delivery van that comes with the quad bike and gas to power the gens up the hill, and if they cannot get access to the car park area then it's not good for them, plus a gate across the access area where single cars unthoughfully park to try their best to ruin it for the majority.

As Mr Dylan once said......times they are a changing.
Got to love Russianhardware

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

and some getting stuck in the mud parking where they shouldn't and having to get the farmer to come out and tow them out.

I hope the farmer was taking the opportunity to relieve them of significant amounts of money for this service - I certainly would have in his position.

As you say - a selfish minority will always ruin something for everyone else. Has there been a coach up there yet this year? I'm sure in the past foreign visitors in the UK for RIAT have hired a coach to the Welsh LFAs.

Edit: "Wow 0530 and bwlch full" posted on FB. Also some fella posting pictures of the damage done to his car yesterday by (presumably) a fellow spotter - no number left of course.

Lighning Fan

Post by Lighning Fan »

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Bet it's going to be rammed again tomorrow.

vandal

Post by vandal »

Up in Edinburgh, illegally parked cars are quite often lifted and carted off to the pound where the driver has to part with some serious money to get their car back.

If one of said vehicles was to lift dangerously parked cars from this layby, I'd assume it would never happen again. A bit extreme I know, but if the inconsiderate motorist was to return to find their vehicle gone, as opposed to a parking ticket, they would probably be more inclined to park legally, and safely next time.

Even sticking a sign up saying such?

Just a thought...