RAF100

RAF100

Postby john001 on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 4:07 am

Looking at this website it all seems a bit underwhelming. Not much interaction, few comments, is the best it can do a soapbox run? These fund raising things happen in the RAF every year. A half hearted attempt by the look of it. And how about this https://www.RAF.mod.uk/raf100/whats-new/raf-museum-forges-historic-relationship/ - a historic relationship.... come on... and infront of a USAAF B17 for the RAF's 100 - well done to the PR that thought that one up.
john001

Re: RAF100

Postby AMB on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 11:09 pm

Far too early for any details but I have been advised that planning is underway for displays at RIAT2018, Cosford, somewhere in Wales and a static display on Horse Guards Parade, London, with a huge flypast down the Mall. The official 100th Anniversary date is 1st April 2018, but that's Easter Sunday, so I think there will be something planned 100 days after that, sometime in July.
Adrian
User avatar
AMB

Re: RAF100

Postby Chris IL-76 on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:52 pm

I heard it will be 100 drones of various sizes!
User avatar
Chris IL-76

Re: RAF100

Postby SCARECROW 451 on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 5:21 pm

Parade in Londond with 15,000 marching !!! Thats after 10,000 are excused as they are sick, ill or are playing sport or on exped !
ATC, BCU & 'A' SQN OPS @ TTTE, IPS & ATC HONINGTON, II(AC) SQN OPS & ATC MARHAM. ATC SHAWBURY.
User avatar
SCARECROW 451


Re: RAF100

Postby Airshowhammer on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 4:51 pm

I really hope we see a Tornado painted in its grey/green camo and displayed in a role demo :love:
User avatar
Airshowhammer

Re: RAF100

Postby Tommy on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 4:57 pm



"Royal Welse Show" :clap:

I treat the Sun with the same authority on news these days as I do Viz. And at least Viz sometimes makes me chuckle.
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: RAF100

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 5:23 pm

Apart from the abysmal spelling ( Saes twpsyn ! ).....
Swansea Air Show, Royal Welse Show, Portrush Air Show

So does that mean Crab-Air are only doing 3 airshows next year, then ? :lol:
Or it could be the usual Scum 'little Englander' biased reporting, given that those 3 all happen to be non-English shows :whistle:

Still, it must come as a bit of a shock, really, having the RAF displaying at the same shows it always displays at. :facepalm:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RAF100

Postby st24 on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 8:13 pm

Well looks as though the RAF are practicing for my RAF100 display! Incredibly (! :wink: :whistle: !) someone was at Coningsby to shoot it!!



Note opening and closing events! :win: :grin: Also the Canadian Hornet is coming over, so it's all happening!....

From front - mixed Tucanos/Hawks in "RAF",mixed Typhoon/Tornado/F-35(?) in"100" ,R/As red/white/blue
From left or right BBMF x3 overflown by 4 Typhoon at high speed, Helicopters with flags
Polish AF Iskry/Orlik team
RNZAF B757/P-3(?)
Rich Goodwin Muscle biplane
WW1 GWDT (ok, not technically RAF but showing the RFC/RNAS predecessors)
Early years parade- Snipe, Se5 x2, Pup x2, F2B, Camel, Triplane, Be2
USAF flypast (B-52)
French AF La Patrouille de France
Slovak AF MiG29
Between the wars parade- Gauntlet(!), Gladiator x2, Hind, Demon, Fury, Rapides x3
Trainer parade- Avro 504 x2, Tutor, Tomtit, Tiger Moth x9, Magister x2, Harvard x5
Venture, Chipmunk x4, Bulldog x6, Prentice, Proctor, Anson, Provost 1, JPT3/4/5(s), Gnat(s)
Vigilant x2+Tutor x2, King Air x4, Tucano x9, Hawk T1/2 x9
Prefect x2 + Texan x4 + Phenom x2
Tutor solo
Texan solo (Greek AF?)
Belgian AF F-16
Royal Netherlands AF AH-64D/KDC-10 + 3x F-16
Canadian CF-188
Helicopter parade- Sycamore, Sioux, Whirlwind, Wessex(?), Gazelle x2, Sea King,
Squirrel x4, Griffin x4, Juno x2 + Jupiter x2, Puma x4, Chinook x4, A109
Chinook solo
Tactical demo- Puma x4, Chinook x4, C-130 x2, C-17, Atlas x2, Tornado x4
Tornado x4 display
A400M solo
Czech AF Gripen
Pakistan AF JF-17 Thunder
RAAF Roulettes team
USAF Flypast (B-1)
Heavies/ELINT/Recce parade- Voyager+ C-17+ BAe146, Atlas x2 +C-130 x3, RC-135+Sentry+Sentinel + Shadow+P-8
P-8 solo
French AF Rafale
Polish AF Su22(s)/MiG-29/F-16
Indian AF Surya Kiran team/Su30(!)/Jaguar(!)
Italian AF Tornado
Cold War parade - Vampire(s) Venom?, Meteor(s), Hunter(s) Shackleton(?!), Canberra(?), Devon(?),Pembroke, Anson
RAF Falcons
Royal Jordanian Falcons
USAF in UK flypast (KC-135+ F-15 x3, MC-130J + CV-22 x2 + MH-60G)
USAF A-10 solo
USAF Heritage Flight – A-10, P-51x2
WW2 - American help- B-17, P-51(s), P-40(s), B-25(s), DC-3(s), PBY-5, P-38, Hawk 75
WW2 – offensive support -Lancaster(s!), Mosquito(!), Blenheim, Lysander
WW2 BoB- Buchon x3/4, Me109E + Nord 1002, Hurricane x8?, Spitfire x20? scramble, tail chase & dogfight(s)
BBMF solos
Modern QRA-Typhoon x2 scramble to intercept Typhoon x2 at contrail height.
Mass Spitfire & Hurricane flypast(s) overflown by Typhoon x4
Typhoon x4 display
Sentry + Typhoon x3, Voyager +Tornado x2 +1 Typhoon, F-35 x4 flypast
F-35 x4 display
Typhoon solo
F-35 + Se5/Pup
Typhoon/Spitfire syncro pair?
"RAF" & "100" formations repeated from opening
Red Arrows
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: RAF100

Postby iainpeden on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 10:34 pm

You forgot the Collins Foundation F-4D which is going to be painted grey to remember the last real fighter we had.
User avatar
iainpeden

Re: RAF100

Postby Berf on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 5:58 am

Nothing from South Africa?
Berf

Re: RAF100

Postby CJS on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 7:08 am

iainpeden wrote:You forgot the Collins Foundation F-4D which is going to be painted grey to remember the last real fighter we had.


And for just $15,000 you get to sit in the backseat too :-o

Of course if they used in service south Korean ones it could be a tactical role demo instead...
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF100

Postby capercaillie on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:30 am

iainpeden wrote:You forgot the Collins Foundation F-4D which is going to be painted grey to remember the last real fighter we had.


Will look nothing like a Lightning? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RAF100

Postby jasonT1981 on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 12:34 pm

Any details on the 'National Aircraft Tour' they have listed for 6 shows this year? My hometown show (Newcastle NI) is listed for the National Aircraft Tour. Not heard anything confirmed, one or two have said its static aircraft at the shows taken around the country from Cosford/Hendon.
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RAF100

Postby Pen Pusher on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 12:58 pm

jasonT1981 wrote: one or two have said its static aircraft at the shows taken around the country from Cosford/Hendon.


And the plastic Spitfire from Duxford.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
User avatar
Pen Pusher

Re: RAF100

Postby cg_341 on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 12:58 pm

Plastic Spitfire, plastic Hawk, and plastic F-35 I've heard?
cg_341

Re: RAF100

Postby CJS on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 5:50 pm

capercaillie wrote:
iainpeden wrote:You forgot the Collins Foundation F-4D which is going to be painted grey to remember the last real fighter we had.


Will look nothing like a Spitfire? :dunno:


Just sorted that for you Caper :-P
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF100

Postby st24 on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:03 am

Berf wrote:Nothing from South Africa?

Fair comment as I was highlighting air arms that have been directly influenced by RAF equipment /procedures and/ or have been our close allies, the SAAF fits both. Let's just say a Herc and Dakota are on static!!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: RAF100

Postby st24 on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:04 am

iainpeden wrote:You forgot the Collins Foundation F-4D which is going to be painted grey to remember the last real fighter we had.

Oh good lord no, that would be awful.

capercaillie wrote:
iainpeden wrote:You forgot the Collins Foundation F-4D which is going to be painted grey to remember the last real fighter we had.


Will look nothing like a Lightning? :dunno:


:lol: Trust you!!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: RAF100

Postby toom317 on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:31 am

st24 wrote:
Note opening and closing events! :win: :grin: Also the Canadian Hornet is coming over, so it's all happening!....

From front - mixed Tucanos/Hawks in "RAF",mixed Typhoon/Tornado/F-35(?) in"100" ,R/As red/white/blue
From left or right BBMF x3 overflown by 4 Typhoon at high speed, Helicopters with flags
Polish AF Iskry/Orlik team
RNZAF B757/P-3(?)
Rich Goodwin Muscle biplane
WW1 GWDT (ok, not technically RAF but showing the RFC/RNAS predecessors)
Early years parade- Snipe, Se5 x2, Pup x2, F2B, Camel, Triplane, Be2
USAF flypast (B-52)
French AF La Patrouille de France
Slovak AF MiG29
Between the wars parade- Gauntlet(!), Gladiator x2, Hind, Demon, Fury, Rapides x3
Trainer parade- Avro 504 x2, Tutor, Tomtit, Tiger Moth x9, Magister x2, Harvard x5
Venture, Chipmunk x4, Bulldog x6, Prentice, Proctor, Anson, Provost 1, JPT3/4/5(s), Gnat(s)
Vigilant x2+Tutor x2, King Air x4, Tucano x9, Hawk T1/2 x9
Prefect x2 + Texan x4 + Phenom x2
Tutor solo
Texan solo (Greek AF?)
Belgian AF F-16
Royal Netherlands AF AH-64D/KDC-10 + 3x F-16
Canadian CF-188
Helicopter parade- Sycamore, Sioux, Whirlwind, Wessex(?), Gazelle x2, Sea King,
Squirrel x4, Griffin x4, Juno x2 + Jupiter x2, Puma x4, Chinook x4, A109
Chinook solo
Tactical demo- Puma x4, Chinook x4, C-130 x2, C-17, Atlas x2, Tornado x4
Tornado x4 display
A400M solo
Czech AF Gripen
Pakistan AF JF-17 Thunder
RAAF Roulettes team
USAF Flypast (B-1)
Heavies/ELINT/Recce parade- Voyager+ C-17+ BAe146, Atlas x2 +C-130 x3, RC-135+Sentry+Sentinel + Shadow+P-8
P-8 solo
French AF Rafale
Polish AF Su22(s)/MiG-29/F-16
Indian AF Surya Kiran team/Su30(!)/Jaguar(!)
Italian AF Tornado
Cold War parade - Vampire(s) Venom?, Meteor(s), Hunter(s) Shackleton(?!), Canberra(?), Devon(?),Pembroke, Anson
RAF Falcons
Royal Jordanian Falcons
USAF in UK flypast (KC-135+ F-15 x3, MC-130J + CV-22 x2 + MH-60G)
USAF A-10 solo
USAF Heritage Flight – A-10, P-51x2
WW2 - American help- B-17, P-51(s), P-40(s), B-25(s), DC-3(s), PBY-5, P-38, Hawk 75
WW2 – offensive support -Lancaster(s!), Mosquito(!), Blenheim, Lysander
WW2 BoB- Buchon x3/4, Me109E + Nord 1002, Hurricane x8?, Spitfire x20? scramble, tail chase & dogfight(s)
BBMF solos
Modern QRA-Typhoon x2 scramble to intercept Typhoon x2 at contrail height.
Mass Spitfire & Hurricane flypast(s) overflown by Typhoon x4
Typhoon x4 display
Sentry + Typhoon x3, Voyager +Tornado x2 +1 Typhoon, F-35 x4 flypast
F-35 x4 display
Typhoon solo
F-35 + Se5/Pup
Typhoon/Spitfire syncro pair?
"RAF" & "100" formations repeated from opening
Red Arrows


Where's this happening?
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
User avatar
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Re: RAF100

Postby cg_341 on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:45 am

In st24's head at the moment! :lmao:
cg_341

Re: RAF100

Postby 138EAW on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 11:13 am

It was almost believable until so many Tornados was mentioned :grin:
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =39
GR4 =32, GR4A =1, GR4(T) =6

Fighter Control Administrator
User avatar
138EAW

Re: RAF100

Postby Canberra TT.18 on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 11:25 am

138EAW wrote:It was almost believable until so many Tornados was mentioned :grin:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Canberra TT.18

Re: RAF100

Postby st24 on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 3:26 pm

cg_341 wrote:In st24's head at the moment! :lmao:

A dangerous place!! :dizzy: :grin:

138EAW wrote:It was almost believable until so many Tornados was mentioned :grin:


10 tops... Surely we could muster that many??... :confused:
It's the prospect of having only 4 F-35s that would cause concern, after all that wouldn't even make a very convincing "1" in the 100 formation! :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: RAF100

Postby 138EAW on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:07 pm

It's feasible but they would have to crew up most of the fleet to get 10 airworthy :grin: :sad:

Currently Marham fly about 6 different airframe a day. So you could wrap them in bubble wrap as starters :grin:
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =39
GR4 =32, GR4A =1, GR4(T) =6

Fighter Control Administrator
User avatar
138EAW

Next

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BOB.T, Frogfoot, Google [Bot], Pringles, Seamus and 26 guests