RAF100

Re: RAF100

Postby Spotty_Jag on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 6:22 pm

cg_341 wrote:Plastic Spitfire, plastic Hawk, and plastic F-35 I've heard?

I've heard that they'll also be a Chinook and Dakota(?!) for London, not sure if they're going to the other cities too though?
Spotty_Jag

Postby st24 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:48 pm

Surely not that horrendous "Chinook" that tours the airshows that looks like it's been dropped from a great height??
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby qwerty on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:52 pm

The sad thing is that the majority of the MOD and service decision makers are not at all bothered about RAF history,heritage. They run the armed forces as a business, bean counters is the common name given to them.And who knows where the influence of outside PR agencies is used to decide how the RAF100 is marked. So far I see little evidence that the really enthusiastic service people have made a difference to what is happening. As usual it will be the efforts of enthusiast owners and trusts that produce a worthy spectacle.
qwerty

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:57 pm

st24 wrote:It's the prospect of having only 4 F-35s that would cause concern, after all that wouldn't even make a very convincing "1" in the 100 formation! :grin:

Surely in a hover they should be able to form a reasonable representation of a 'C' :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby FarnboroJohn on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:22 pm

qwerty wrote:The sad thing is that the majority of the MOD and service decision makers are not at all bothered about RAF history,heritage.

Careful... not everybody in MOD is an accountant: but it is certainly true that they are hard to defeat!

John
FarnboroJohn

Postby qwerty on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:35 pm

My comment was made out of frustration and my time in the RAF when i discovered just how few had any interest in aviation.
qwerty

Postby st24 on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 11:42 pm

Looks like I'm getting my Tucano 9 ship too - My show is certainly coming together! :smile:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby jasonT1981 on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 12:28 am

st24 wrote:Looks like I'm getting my Tucano 9 ship too - My show is certainly coming together! :smile:

I hope they do something like this with the Tucano over Belfast for RAF100.

Saw quite a few of them roll out of Shorts for their first flights. Will be sad to see them replaced.
jasonT1981

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle