RAF100

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
PeterR

Re: RAF100

Post by PeterR »

Harrier GR3 is a real airframe, as posted above it is the ex-Hendon machine. And the Wessex is real, on holiday and then returning to RAF Cosford next week for our show.

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

A400M ZM416 is now sporting the flash.
Nikon D500

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Harrier on gate guard at Stafford had a full red tail with the logo on.
looks atrocious as the rest of the aircraft is in camo :wall:
Got to love Russianhardware

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Harrier on gate guard at Stafford had a full red tail with the logo on.

I'd disagree Dave, personal opinion and all that.. It looks better than a tacky little sticker.

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

A Hawk T1 has been seen at Leeming sporting the logo, and it's arguably the worst one yet. The angle of the sticker doesn't even match the angle of the tail.
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

The RAF's lacklustre approach to their centenary is beginning to make me resent them almost. Spectacularly backfired.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

st24

Post by st24 »

Harvo266 wrote:A400M ZM416 is now sporting the flash.

Which actually, is the best of a (very) bad bunch..
borismorris wrote:
HeyfordDave111 wrote:Harrier on gate guard at Stafford had a full red tail with the logo on.

I'd disagree Dave, personal opinion and all that.. It looks better than a tacky little sticker.

Why are they wasting time and effort doing anything to gate guards?? I just don't get that, just put a logo flag up or something..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Why waste money on Flags? If ill-fitting tacky stickers & flags is seen as acceptable symbols of celebration for 100 years of the underfunded RAF, then I can't see them lasting much longer as a separate entity.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Wissam24 wrote:The RAF's lacklustre approach to their centenary is beginning to make me resent them almost. Spectacularly backfired.

+1. I was expecting so much more. Some heavies in transport command schemes or just anything apart from this mess they're doing! :hide:

verreli

Post by verreli »

+2. I've lost interest.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Its sad because we're seeing other nations pull out all the stops for some special schemes. :sad:

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Airshowhammer wrote:Its sad because we're seeing other nations pull out all the stops for some special schemes. :sad:

Even when its not a special occasion.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

...... I quite like the fin flash.

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

MiG_Eater wrote:...... I quite like the fin flash.

Get out :mad:
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

Binbrook 01

Post by Binbrook 01 »

Perhaps the vast majority of the UK population will not notice a small portion of the UK populous self imploding over the teenie weenie sticker....

Just enjoy the flypast if you see it...

And remember we still have more aircraft than some of our European friends do, IE get over it we ain't getting anything else, alternatively go vent your spleen over the Vulcan.... :ninja: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Just to put this charade into context. We've had a Grob & Hawk with large roundels on the underside, we've had multiple Tucano schemes in Camo', Red/White/Blue & covered in Poppies, we've had 2x Atlas, 2x Sentinel, 4x Hercules & multiple Typhoons with tails, spines & canards painted, even the whole camo' airframe in years previously!
So why the Donald Duck do we get a poxy piece of plastic adhesive for the Centennial year? :facepalm:
Take one look at the Armée de l'air Rafale due at Duxford this weekend & try to summon any pride in the RAF? :tumbleweed:

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

MiG_Eater wrote:...... I quite like the fin flash.

HERETIC!!!! :shock:

Binbrook 01

Post by Binbrook 01 »

Maybe you should write to the treasury and ask them for a bigger celebratory budget..... I suspect they will shaft the Armed Forces in July anyway

(Strategic Defence Review due then :surrender: :hypno: )

effects

Post by effects »

Stagger2 wrote:Just to put this charade into context. We've had a Grob & Hawk with large roundels on the underside, we've had multiple Tucano schemes in Camo', Red/White/Blue & covered in Poppies, we've had 2x Atlas, 2x Sentinel, 4x Hercules & multiple Typhoons with tails, spines & canards painted, even the whole camo' airframe in years previously!
So why the Donald Duck do we get a poxy piece of plastic adhesive for the Centennial year? :facepalm:
Take one look at the Armée de l'air Rafale due at Duxford this weekend & try to summon any pride in the RAF? :tumbleweed:

You should be proud of the RAF because of their past, the people who serve and have served, not who's got the best colour scheme.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

Beefy

Post by Beefy »

effects wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:Just to put this charade into context. We've had a Grob & Hawk with large roundels on the underside, we've had multiple Tucano schemes in Camo', Red/White/Blue & covered in Poppies, we've had 2x Atlas, 2x Sentinel, 4x Hercules & multiple Typhoons with tails, spines & canards painted, even the whole camo' airframe in years previously!

You should be proud of the RAF because of their past, the people who serve and have served, not who's got the best colour scheme.

Why? The government clearly has no pride in the R.A.F., so why should I. And I think what most people are getting at here (which you seem to be missing), is that they just don't seem to give an arse about it themselves, so sorry but I have nothing to be proud of in today's R.A.F. The past yes, but today's R.A.F. can go and swivel on it.

My brother served in the R.A.F. in Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan - I am extremely proud of him but not who he served for.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Binbrook 01 wrote:Maybe you should write to the treasury and ask them for a bigger celebratory budget.....

https://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/mal ... ary-garden

Gold medal winner. :up:

:tumbleweed:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

CJS

Post by CJS »

effects wrote:

Totally missing the point - no-one has said they're not proud of the RAF and what they do/did to protect our country and others around the world. Edit - no-one apart from beefy that is...

But no-one is saying that about the French either, or about the RAF when they did manage to rustle up a few decent specials.

It's got nothing IMHO to do with 'pride'. I think the RAF100 is a big let down, but that doesn't make me less proud of the RAF and what they do for our country. I don't see why it should? :dunno:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

If the RAF can't show any pride in having the single biggest event in military aviation history for a very long time, why should I?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

If anyone wants to post a snap of the Stafford Harrier fin I have one, obtained with permission..

I dont have the photothingy account though..so inbox me an email and I will send it for someone to post it on here..

Berf

Post by Berf »

Strange to mention England, Wales and NI on this page https://www.raf.mod.uk/display-teams/chinook-display-team/displays/ only highlights the fact that in the 100th year the team is not going to Scotland.