Duxford photo shoot (hotel not included)...

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
farnboroughrob

Re: Duxford photo shoot (hotel not included)...

Post by farnboroughrob »

He is also doing a days shooting at Shuttleworth for £355 with the prerequisite
This is a practical workshop, so delegates must bring a Nikon D-SLR or Nikon 1 series
cameras and lenses. Attendees will be provided with a checklist of recommended equipment and suitable clothing before the event.
No canons allowed then !
Somebody must be willing to pay these stupid amounts? i will stick to reg spotting, much cheaper, can get 4 trips to Toulouse for that and 100 new airbuses each time!

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Hammy wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Hampshire Aviation wrote:
Tommy wrote:However, people saying "I would love to do that, but I can't justify it" might be an indicator that there's much much more of a market out there for bespoke photoshoots, if the prices were a bit lower. Same with the RAF Marham or Coningsby photoshoots...

And those of us trying to organise lower cost events struggle because people seem to believe low cost = low expectations. :(

Those that say "I'd love to but I can't afford to" seem to vanish when you do try and offer a low cost event, which is a massive shame.

Your Gazelle anniversary event was pretty top, and well-priced with decent attendance?

Thanks - Chris isn't talking about Gazelle 50 here, though.

It seems that £20 is almost *too* cheap for a nightshoot now, as if people expect we'll nip to Poundland and buy a few torches and a load of AA batteries on our way to the airfield or something, rather than organise thousand of pounds worth of floodlights.

Perhaps because it is the first nightshoot organised by you, therefore people don't know what to expect? If you have hired all that equipment then it might be a good idea to put that kind of info on the website to stop people having low expectations.

I certainly want Threshold.aero to succeed and organise more events and nightshoots because I love the idea of the events being put forward by you. They are often unique and at much more reasonable prices.

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Thresholds policy of affordable shoots is a very good step in the right direction. Its a group of people with a passion for the subject shows and not using the public as a cash cow which is a breath of fresh air.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Jakub.Zurek wrote:Perhaps because it is the first nightshoot organised by you, therefore people don't know what to expect? If you have hired all that equipment then it might be a good idea to put that kind of info on the website to stop people having low expectations.

I certainly want Threshold.aero to succeed and organise more events and nightshoots because I love the idea of the events being put forward by you. They are often unique and at much more reasonable prices.

Thanks Jakub, you may well be right and to be honest it's not something I considered.

I'm just about to add a page to our website with our history on it - as we've done a couple before but not necessarily marketed them as Threshold.aero events!

Thank you for your support, it really does mean a lot to us!

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

AndyXH558 wrote:Thresholds policy of affordable shoots is a very good step in the right direction. Its a group of people with a passion for the subject shows and not using the public as a cash cow which is a breath of fresh air.

Agreed! I went to Gazelle 50 and really enjoyed it. Was tempted by the Gatwick museum night shoot too. If Threshold continue along the same vein I'll certainly be going to more of their events.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Gooze

Post by Gooze »

Whats the contingency for an overcast, rainy sunrise? Looks like alot of the features pend on good weather?

BDL

Post by BDL »

The Shuttleworth event is being organised via Nikon Owner MagazineGreys of Westminster hence the Nikon angle. £295 for members. That price made my eyes water.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

farnboroughrob wrote:He is also doing a days shooting at Shuttleworth for £355 with the prerequisite
This is a practical workshop, so delegates must bring a Nikon D-SLR or Nikon 1 series
cameras and lenses. Attendees will be provided with a checklist of recommended equipment and suitable clothing before the event.
No canons allowed then !

If you look on his website you'll see a banner link on the top-right saying "Nikon Ambassador United States".....which would explain the stipulation for Nikon users.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:I'm just about to add a page to our website with our history on it - as we've done a couple before but not necessarily marketed them as Threshold.aero events!

Sorry to dig this back up, but in case anyone is interested this page can now be found at https://threshold.aero/about/past-events