Where has XH558 thread gone?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Ewart

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by Ewart »

But it shoukd have gone to Bruntingthorpe!!!

:pinkwafer: :heyhey:

motormouser

Post by motormouser »

Has anyone asked Richard Branson?

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

TYPHOON3 wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
jalfrezi wrote:Image

The thread or the project?

Both.

:up:
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And yet you lot still post here, thus keeping the tread going....... :whistle:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

DonaldGrump

Post by DonaldGrump »

Brevet Cable wrote:And yet you lot still post here, thus keeping the tread going....... :whistle:

Now now Brevet you should just be grateful to be able to post on the same forum as these wonderful people blessed with intelligence charisma and of course a deep knowledge of what other people should be allowed to discuss.

I really do wonder what people see when they look in the mirror and whether it fuels there mistaken belief and grossly over inflated ego thus justifying this self righteous belief that they should dictate what others wish to discuss.

Despite this superior intelligence its seems they have yet to grasp the concept of not coming on this thread and spending their time watching with excitement as the plethora of shows in the UK this summer sift through the huge variety of aircraft that are available having stepped in to fill the gap left by XH558.

Anyway ....yes it should have gone to Bruntingthorpe but it didnt and if people wish to discuss it then why should'nt they......other than because MR UKAR Nimby wants to attempt to grab a moment of self importance and tell them they should'nt.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

DonaldGrump wrote:and if people wish to discuss it then why should'nt they
Because we're now in a situation that it is impossible to happen. It is Doncaster or the scrapman now. If it would be the second option there are some problems to be expected with the HLF, so it will remain to be the first option. Like it or not.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

DonaldGrump

Post by DonaldGrump »

aviodromefriend wrote:
DonaldGrump wrote:and if people wish to discuss it then why should'nt they
Because we're now in a situation that it is impossible to happen. It is Doncaster or the scrapman now. If it would be the second option there are some problems to be expected with the HLF, so it will remain to be the first option. Like it or not.

You may hold the opinion that the conversation will in reality serve little purpose, and of course you are right. That doesnt mean people dont want to discuss it, and if they do what harm is it doing anyone?

If I go and start a thread asking the question what would have happened if the RAF had lost the battle of Britain I am sure it would not be dismissed as pointless??

At least the thread is still getting traffic in what is in many ways becoming a forum in deep decline and a shaddow of what it was a few years ago.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

DonaldGrump wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:And yet you lot still post here, thus keeping the tread going....... :whistle:

Now now Brevet you should just be grateful to be able to post on the same forum as these wonderful people blessed with intelligence charisma and of course a deep knowledge of what other people should be allowed to discuss.

I really do wonder what people see when they look in the mirror and whether it fuels there mistaken belief and grossly over inflated ego thus justifying this self righteous belief that they should dictate what others wish to discuss.

Despite this superior intelligence its seems they have yet to grasp the concept of not coming on this thread and spending their time watching with excitement as the plethora of shows in the UK this summer sift through the huge variety of aircraft that are available having stepped in to fill the gap left by XH558.

Anyway ....yes it should have gone to Bruntingthorpe but it didnt and if people wish to discuss it then why should'nt they......other than because MR UKAR Nimby wants to attempt to grab a moment of self importance and tell them they should'nt.

Well put, :clap:
I aske a simple question of any news from camp Doncaster, and got about 2 replies of news of the sales etc.
Then a crap load with nothing constructive, amazing how fast these peolpe that have no intrest in this aircraft are so quick to respond to a so called dead topic, if its dead why post on it. :claypole:

If this topic was deleted today another would open as soon as anything happens at Doncaster,
Trust me 558 discussions will not stop just because its stopped flying.
We are on chapter 4 of her life.
If you have no intrest in the subject and thinks its over then look away why spend your time clicking and the scrolling down and clicking again, the have the need to even post on a topic you have no intrest in.
Think there is a medical physiological conditions for it.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Rich, the word you're looking for is "interest", not "intrest".

I, for one, have lost all interest in the "project", much like most other members.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

vulcan558 wrote:....amazing how fast these peolpe that have no intrest in this aircraft are so quick to respond to a so called dead topic, if its dead why post on it. :claypole:

It's like the article on the BBC website about F1 binning 'grid girls'......lots of "not interesting"/"not news" comments, but it's up to almost 3500 comments in less than 3 days :lol:

Oh, and the newsletter also included the details concerning the arrangements for Joe L’Estrange's funeral mass, but those were posted last weekend in the dedicated topic on this forum.
아직도 숨어있다

DonaldGrump

Post by DonaldGrump »

Big Eric wrote:Rich, the word you're looking for is "interest", not "intrest".

I, for one, have lost all interest in the "project", much like most other members.

The fact that you have lost interest is more than understandable, but this does not mean that everyone has, I am sure you would agree that because you have lost interest it doesnt mean everyone else should as well or indeed cease to discuss it. I am sure like me you are shocked that there are people on UKAR with such staggering arrogance to think they should dictate to others what aviation subject matters are appropriate for discussion on this aviation forum.

Maybe in truth you still have some interest in it, surely if you had no interest at all you would not have bothered viewing this thread and certainly not making the effort to add to it by stating that you no longer had any interest in it.

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Of course people are free to post what they like, even if the subject has been done to death over and over again.

Equally though, when those subjects come up again for the umpteenth time, other people are free to post pictures of roundabouts, stuck records, people yawning or even the Brunty Klaxon! :butt:

Ultimately only the forum moderators can decide what we can or can't say or do, and so long as they are happy to keep the thread open then let the banter, sorry 'debate', continue. :yahoo:

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

Indeed RR. Nothing really left to discuss right now but to sit tight and see what happens next in the saga. I notice the latest edition of Flypast has the triumphant news that planning permission has been granted for the new hangar, without even a hint of irony of why this wasn't in place long before 558s final resting place was cast in stone! Apparently it'll be build and open for business in spring 2019. Time will tell, and miracles have happened before in this story, but some Yorkshire property developer is going to need deep pockets and only a vague interest in return on investment for the next miracle I think!

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

Xm657 wrote:but some Yorkshire property developer is going to need deep pockets and only a vague interest in return on investment for the next miracle I think!

So in short, we're trying to find a financially illiterate Yorkshireman with great wadges of cash to gift away....
Dr Bob will be beating them off with a stick...
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

So let me get this right...... the place near Lutterworth that cannot be mentioned ever again, and wasn’t good enough for her for retirement, is certainly good enough for the group to use to raise funds for her to remain elsewhere?

Hmmmmmmm :facepalm:
Last edited by HeyfordDave111 on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got to love Russianhardware

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Excellent, some discount codes and membership numbers to use and scam :ninja:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tolatrafi wrote:Latest money making scheme! :whistle:

Revolting Moderator ! :wink: :lol:

So the 'Founding Guardians' scheme still exists, then.

Looking at the size of the under-wing stickers, either there aren't going to be many names on them or people will need a magnifying-glass* to read them - if they ever get the chance to, that is.
( * no doubt VTST will soon be selling suitably-branded magnifying-glasses :biggrin: )
아직도 숨어있다

F-5F

Post by F-5F »

Must admit the location of this event did make me chuckle. Maybe they hoped the uptake would be so great amongst the inner circle of Founding Guardians that the general public wouldn't find out about the event/location.

Makes me wonder why they don't have it at their place? Oh, hang on, they haven't got a place!!

IgnatiusJReilly

Tolatrafi wrote:Latest money making schemes! :whistle:
https://i.m3.to/c2325/a7b12a8fa8cb55fba17a9cdb01b56251.jpeg

"See Victor XM715 in the original hangar used for XH558's restoration"
Oh, the irony... either someone at the trust has an incredibly dry sense of humour...
or it's just one massive, elaborate, wind-up..

sooty655

Post by sooty655 »

Love the way they say the next load of name plaques will be "placed" or "fitted" under the wing. I guess they think it sounds better than "stuck on". :lol: :lol:

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

Just read an email sent to me by the VttST is disbelief! The irony of them holding an event in honour of XH558 in Brunthingthorpe's Hangar! Just a shame 558 is stuck in Doncaster and can't be there herself.

I wonder (hope), this might be the start of common sense prevailing and getting her to where she quite obviously should be.

And I see there is another "limited" chance to have your name on the wing. Presumably these once in a lifetime opportunities will continue until the wings are completely covered in names, or there is nobody else that's bothered (which ever comes first)!

IgnatiusJReilly

This is a donation towards the work of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust
I suppose that reads better than 'Would anyone like to chip in towards this month's Payroll?'

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

too little too late................again.........

another way of making ( should that be getting ) money to fill the back pockets......................

still determined to get eggs from the golden goose................

the Waltons should have told them to find a two wheeled mode of transport and ride into the distance............
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

GertrudetheMerciless

Post by GertrudetheMerciless »

IgnatiusJReilly wrote:
Tolatrafi wrote:Latest money making schemes! :whistle:
https://i.m3.to/c2325/a7b12a8fa8cb55fba17a9cdb01b56251.jpeg

"See Victor XM715 in the original hangar used for XH558's restoration"
Oh, the irony... either someone at the trust has an incredibly dry sense of humour...
or it's just one massive, elaborate, wind-up..

I didn't think they could get any aeroplanes in that hangar now, given the current tenants. I wonder if any of the money raised is being donated to the operators of the aircraft being viewed at Bruntingthorpe too?

So ironic though.