Stansted news

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
lambo17841

Stansted news

Post by lambo17841 »

From stansted yahoo group

Good morning,

Just been speaking to the police at Stansted and they are imposing a ban on spotting north side which has been requested by MAGS, so beware. A message will be going out on Planewatch.
Looks like the trespassers have screwed up another airport for us!

John in Seaford

ArabJazzie

Re: Stansted news

Post by ArabJazzie »

Just wondering what area you are on about? Is it where the biz handling agents are or the area past Burton End?

Not a local but former occasional visitor and not familiar with MAGS.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

Lumix

Post by Lumix »

Ditto re the above.

I believe it's the area local to the old terminal that is out of bounds. The road on the far side (north) beyond the village is still OK apparently.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

As stated it is the business park where all the biz park.
The road further along with the grass bank over looking the runway as far as I know will be okay to use as many people do.
The problems in the biz area have been caused by spotters going where they shouldn't and being abusive when told not too enter.
Police have turned a blind eye as really it is out of bounds anyway unless you have business there.
The firms have got fed up and it looks like a few idiots have spoilt it now for all.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

I would add that MAGS are the owners of the airport

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Good Morning to all of our valued members

Unfortunately Manchester Airport Group and Essex Police have, after much deliberation, come to the conclusion that North Side is no longer a suitable location to spot from and all Plane Watch members and Plane Spotting enthusiasts will be encouraged to go to Belmer Road, Burton End.

This is due to a number of reasons but most importantly for the security of the North Side of the Airport.

It is with regret that I am sending this email as in the past members of Plane Watch have sent the Police valuable information and I hope that this good working relationship will continue.

The above from essex police to plane watch members

John