2018 Military Display Teams

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
kinglear27

2018 Military Display Teams

Post by kinglear27 »

Hi Guys,
Apart from the already confirmed RAF Typhoon Display Team, the Red Arrows and the BBMF, what other UK military display teams do we expect to see next year? A Tornado Role Demo is highly unlikely, but as it is RAF100, it would be nice if the RAF could have a least one more display team next year that we don't normally get to see. Fingers crossed the RN Black Cats will be back too!
Thanks

CJS

Re: 2018 Military Display Teams

Post by CJS »

The T2 demo again? Another attempt at the Kingair demo too perhaps?

There was a Tutor display last year wasn't there?

Although displayed by Airbus, the A400m demo shows an RAF asset in action as well. Also, didn't one of the family days this year have a 4 ship simulated airfield attack by Hawks? That'd be quite fun too if done well!
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I've heard a few say the Tucano display is coming back, and the pilot at RIAT had said he wanted one last display season before it is retired. Seen quite a few roll out for their first flight in Belfast so it would be great to see it one last time.

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

I've heard a few say the Tucano display is coming back

Yawn - actually when you watch an in cockpit video of the display you can appreciate the hard work that goes into it (probably best to turn yr sound off - there is some garbage music dubbed on the video)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXGsZtlPJw[/youtube]

I can remember when they were talking about replacing the JP with the Tuc and now that itself is up for replacement!

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

From what I understand, the state of the nation will not improve much for 2018: Despite the importance of 'RAF 100' there will be no new demo teams. The Tutor Display from 6FTS should continue but as the MFTS contract kicks in don't expect to see flying displays from Tucano/King Air but hopefully a small number of static display appearances at major shows to bid farewell to the types. Looking further ahead, displays with the Prefect/Texan/Phenom will not ever been flown and even static appearances will be rare! No plans to resurrect the Hawk T2 "role demo" currently due to the units increased output requirements. Chinook should return, as should the Apache, both with limited schedules. If the Royal Navy decides to bring the Black Cats back to the circuit it would be very welcomed but I hear it is very unlikely with budget cuts etc.

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

Chinook display will remain I hope :)
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'