BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby st24 on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:49 am

Based at Old Warden the familiar G-AHKX is having a yet undisclosed but RAF scheme repaint.. Quite a lot of choice but how about a Transport Command C19 or radio trainer T21 with lashings of dayglo??!! :drool:

You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm

Can't wait to see that :up:
User avatar
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby The Baron on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 1:06 pm

Ooh lovely stuff! I'd love a Transport Command scheme.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby capercaillie on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

Transport Command Scheme would be OK, but we've seen it before. Go the whole hog and go for 12 Group's Comms Flight, you get Transport Command Scheme plus dayglo nose and tail. :up:

RAF Waddington Station Flight was quite nice with either yellow or red stripes or how about Cambridge UAS, very elegant.

As long as its not camo'd to look like an early variant wartime Anson, as the windows are all wrong.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby hunterxf382 on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:02 pm

Well although G-VROE currently wears her cuurent silver and yellow banded scheme well (as I had the pleasure of witnessing again quite recently down at Gloucestershire Airport); she used to wear an authentic transport command scheme which also looked equally as nice. Now that woul make an interesting duo together if BAe wished it to happen!

Image
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/
User avatar
hunterxf382

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby ErrolC on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 12:49 am

capercaillie wrote:Transport Command Scheme would be OK, but we've seen it before. Go the whole hog and go for 12 Group's Comms Flight, you get Transport Command Scheme plus dayglo nose and tail. :up:

RAF Waddington Station Flight was quite nice with either yellow or red stripes or how about Cambridge UAS, very elegant.

As long as its not camo'd to look like an early variant wartime Anson, as the windows are all wrong.


Yes, there is a lot of glass in a Mk.1!

ImageAvro Anson Mk.1 ZK-RRA by Errol Cavit, on Flickr

I hope you get an imaginative scheme.
ErrolC

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Craig on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm

Given the RAF's centenary can see this ending up in wartime cammo. Always good to see the Anson regardless!
User avatar
Craig
UKAR Staff

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Wissam24 on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm

I actually quite like it in blue...
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Keefy041 on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 11:57 am

The fact is people, the aircraft is actually an Avro C19 and is a civilian version of the Anson, and as such should not be put in a RAF scheme at all, yes it needs a repaint, but there are lots of great civilian schemes it can be put in.
The other anson WD413 (pictured) would be great in a new RAF scheme.
Keefy041

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby st24 on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 12:40 pm

Keefy041 wrote:The fact is people, the aircraft is actually an Avro C19 and is a civilian version of the Anson, and as such should not be put in a RAF scheme at all, yes it needs a repaint, but there are lots of great civilian schemes it can be put in.
The other anson WD413 (pictured) would be great in a new RAF scheme.

Fair comment but to all intents and purposes the Avro 19 is identical to the RAF C.19 with the metal wings, different Cheetahs and high back fuselage - just needs the mast aerial and VOR "egg". Come on live a little, we need as much stuff with roundels on as we can muster next year as the RAF themselves aren't currently committing much..And yes, another scheme for WD413 would be most welcome. :up:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 2:14 pm

st24 wrote:Come on live a little, we need as much stuff with roundels on as we can muster next year as the RAF themselves aren't currently committing much..


Absolutely. The breadth of potential out in private hands will be needed next year - lets have as many types as possible represented.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby The Baron on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 3:11 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
st24 wrote:Come on live a little, we need as much stuff with roundels on as we can muster next year as the RAF themselves aren't currently committing much..


Absolutely. The breadth of potential out in private hands will be needed next year - lets have as many types as possible represented.


Exactly. The post war RAF is going to be sadly under represented next year. The more privately owned aircraft that appear in temporary military schemes the better that representation will be.
Providing the aircraft is returned to a civilian scheme afterwards of course.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby st24 on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 10:20 pm

Looks like we're getting a white top C.19 folks. Sweet....

You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Albion143 on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 8:17 am

There is also a picture on their Faceache page that shows the horizontal stabilizer has been sprayed silver which would definitely suggest a transport command paint scheme which will look nice!!!
User avatar
Albion143

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Tom105 on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 8:50 am

On G-info they are reporting it as having exemption to display TX176.
Thomas
Tom105

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Hammy on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:05 am

Tom105 wrote:On G-info they are reporting it as having exemption to display TX176.


That would suggest it may wear RAF Coningsby Station Flight colours as per this image: linky
Author, visionary, dreamweaver... Plus actor.

Threshold.aero
PSnet gallery
User avatar
Hammy

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Berf on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:57 am

Hope it gets an RAF100 logo on it..
Berf

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby st24 on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 12:27 pm

Hammy wrote:
Tom105 wrote:On G-info they are reporting it as having exemption to display TX176.


That would suggest it may wear RAF Coningsby Station Flight colours as per this image: linky

Very nice - day glo too, at last an interesting aeroplane for the RAF 100...... :yahoo:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Spotty_Jag on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 7:44 am

Looking good so far! Lets hope we see it out and about for the big RAF100 shows. :win:
User avatar
Spotty_Jag

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby XP282 on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 12:08 pm

I think it would be really nice to see her stationed at Coningsby for the RAF100 anniversary year. She would fit nicely in the BBMF hangar.
XP282

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby st24 on Fri 04 May 2018, 12:23 pm

We have dayglo!! :love:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bethdysonPR/status/992373996938317824?s=20[/tweet]
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Fri 04 May 2018, 12:27 pm

Looks really good, can't wait to see it!
User avatar
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby jalfrezi on Fri 04 May 2018, 12:46 pm

Hopefully, it will be flying at Shuttleworth this Sunday :up:
User avatar
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby Pen Pusher on Fri 04 May 2018, 12:49 pm

Hopefully at Duxford on Saturday for a spot of crew training. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
User avatar
Pen Pusher

Re: BAe's Anson to get a RAF repaint

Postby bigcrow on Fri 04 May 2018, 2:09 pm

Looks fabulous & hopefully will see it displaying at OW on sunday.
User avatar
bigcrow

Next

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests