APRES

Re: APRES

Postby speedbird2639 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 7:32 pm

They appear to be thinking that people will pay £52 and expect nothing in return (as far as I can see) other than the money will be passed on to various aviation projects of their choice. Which doesn't seem very appealing when everyone can already look at all the current on going aviation projects in the UK and then make a decision as to whether to donate or not and if so how much directly to that project.

These days there seems to be too many people who would rather be a 'big wheel' on a website or a Facebook page rather than go along to a local project and ask if they can volunteer in any way.

It's not limited to the aviation world - just look at the type of chancers that were on this years edition of The Apprentice.
User avatar
speedbird2639

Re: APRES

Postby robterry99 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 7:37 pm

Those are listed as "proposed member benefits", so presumably none of that actually exists. Worth very penny! :lol:

It seems "Caz" has got a Saturday grump on because we're all talking about her and her ridiculous non-charity...

http://www.apres.org.uk/forums/topic/aviation-forums/#post-21542
robterry99

Re: APRES

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 7:49 pm

From the above link :
Should you require any further information with regards to the authenticity of APRES please do not hesitate to email myself or any of our Trustees


Maybe it's just me, but I can't find anywhere on their website which contains a list of who the Trustees are. :dunno:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: APRES

Postby speedbird2639 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:06 pm

Surely to have Trustees you need to be a trust and to do that I would assume you need your charity application to have been approved.

Or have I missed something?
User avatar
speedbird2639

Re: APRES

Postby robterry99 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:17 pm

So it appears Ms McCall has been playing fast-and-loose with the terms "charity" and "trust" for a while.

This thread on Facebook from November 2014 makes interesting reading - she appears to have established some kind of Supersonic Airways Heritage Aviation "Trust", which turned out to be neither a trust, nor a charity.

Image

And now three years later, the name might be different but the concerns remain the same.
robterry99

Re: APRES

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:52 pm

robterry99 wrote:Those are listed as "proposed member benefits", so presumably none of that actually exists. Worth very penny! :lol:

It seems "Caz" has got a Saturday grump on because we're all talking about her and her ridiculous non-charity...

http://www.apres.org.uk/forums/topic/aviation-forums/#post-21542

Fascinated to know what your connection to all this is? Frankly, I'd never heard of this lot until you joined this forum and gave them the publicity...
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: APRES

Postby robterry99 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:55 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
robterry99 wrote:Fascinated to know what your connection to all this? Frankly, I'd never heard of this lot until you joined this forum and gave them the publicity...


Just a fascinated bystander who wants to publicise the actions and promises of APRES, hopefully allowing people to make up their own minds.
robterry99

Re: APRES

Postby bucksmjb on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:52 pm

robterry99 wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:
robterry99 wrote:Fascinated to know what your connection to all this? Frankly, I'd never heard of this lot until you joined this forum and gave them the publicity...


Just a fascinated bystander who wants to publicise the actions and promises of APRES, hopefully allowing people to make up their own minds.



make up their own minds? - so long as it corresponds with your ideas?
bucksmjb

Re: APRES

Postby robterry99 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:00 pm

bucksmjb wrote:make up their own minds? - so long as it corresponds with your ideas?


Eh? I've posted some screenshots and links. Those are undeniable facts, so please don't play the Donald Trump "FAKE NEWS" card.

To be honest, I don't really care what people think. I'd just like people to read the facts and make up their own minds about APRES, because from what I've seen it doesn't look like the business plan stacks up.

If you are able to enlighten us more about APRES, that'd be great! Perhaps we've all jumped to the wrong conclusions?
robterry99

Re: APRES

Postby robterry99 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:05 pm

Btw, I think it's great that (finally) someone from APRES is willing to engage on UKAR.

Hopefully you'll be able to answer questions that people have?
robterry99

Re: APRES

Postby bucksmjb on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:19 pm

robterry99 wrote:
bucksmjb wrote:make up their own minds? - so long as it corresponds with your ideas?


Eh? I've posted some screenshots and links. Those are undeniable facts, so please don't play the Donald Trump "FAKE NEWS" card.

To be honest, I don't really care what people think. I'd just like people to read the facts and make up their own minds about APRES, because from what I've seen it doesn't look like the business plan stacks up.

If you are able to enlighten us more about APRES, that'd be great! Perhaps we've all jumped to the wrong conclusions?


Undeniable facts? - is that according to you?Whoever it was that posted the conversation which proved that Robert Pleming was a part of apres made 2 errors. 1) at no point did anyone say he was a part of apres 2) there is no h in Pleming
bucksmjb

Re: APRES

Postby CJS on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:28 pm

This is all very odd. Do you two know each other per chance?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: APRES

Postby CJS on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:30 pm

This is all very odd. Do you two know each other per chance?

Join at similar times, not many posts then suddenly we all know about APRES...just saying...
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: APRES

Postby speedbird2639 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:30 pm

CJS

Most probably two logins for the same person...

Certainly very prickly for a first time poster - most people ease themselves in gently not leap into the spotlight all guns blazing.
User avatar
speedbird2639

Re: APRES

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm

Until such a point that APRES and UKHAT can prove that they are bona-fide Trusts or charities in the legal sense, and not assortments of shysters, children, dreamers, chancers and cretins of variable intellect, then I'm afraid they shall be looked at and treated with the disdain and contempt they currently enjoy.
Dan O'Hagan

Re: APRES

Postby robterry99 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:41 pm

I would have to be pretty schizophrenic to bounce between the calm rational thinking "robterry99" and the prickly explosiveness of "bucksmjb". So no, it's not two logins from the same person.

I don't know him, I've just seen his posts on the APRES Facebook group. And as I said, I think it's great that he's finally engaging in a public forum.
robterry99

Re: APRES

Postby bucksmjb on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:48 pm

CJS wrote:This is all very odd. Do you two know each other per chance?


Ask "robterry99"
bucksmjb

Re: APRES

Postby bucksmjb on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:50 pm

robterry99 wrote:I would have to be pretty schizophrenic to bounce between the calm rational thinking "robterry99" and the prickly explosiveness of "bucksmjb". So no, it's not two logins from the same person.

I don't know him, I've just seen his posts on the APRES Facebook group. And as I said, I think it's great that he's finally engaging in a public forum.


very interesting - I have never posted on the APRES facebook page
bucksmjb

Re: APRES

Postby bucksmjb on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:52 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Until such a point that APRES and UKHAT can prove that they are bona-fide Trusts or charities in the legal sense, and not assortments of shysters, children, dreamers, chancers and cretins of variable intellect, then I'm afraid they shall be looked at and treated with the disdain and contempt they currently enjoy.


brilliantly put - so everyone is guilty until proved innoocent?
bucksmjb

Re: APRES

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:53 pm

It would appear that there are personal issues at play here, as I suspected there might be. If that is indeed the case, then please take it to PMs or back to your facebook pages, UKAR is no place for your squabbles.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: APRES

Postby robterry99 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm

bucksmjb wrote:very interesting - I have never posted on the APRES facebook page


Really?

So you aren't the same "bucksmjb" as @bucksmjb on Twitter, which is Mike Bowden, admin of the APRES Facebook page?
robterry99

Re: APRES

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:02 pm

Here lies APRES credibility.

RIP.
Dan O'Hagan

Re: APRES

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:03 pm

I can't be the only person feeling a sense of deja vu here......it's all too reminiscent of what happened when TPM was first discussed on here & other forums, which is a shame, really.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: APRES

Postby bucksmjb on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:07 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:It would appear that there are personal issues at play here, as I suspected there might be. If that is indeed the case, then please take it to PMs or back to your facebook pages, UKAR is no place for your squabbles.


why dont you lock the thread?
the only personal issues seem to be with "robterry99" who persistently berates a facebook page called APRES
bucksmjb

Re: APRES

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:10 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:I can't be the only person feeling a sense of deja vu here......it's all too reminiscent of what happened when TPM was first discussed on here & other forums, which is a shame, really.


Worse. At least when TPM ran amok on here, Ross Sharp and John Lilley had some concrete plans and posted under their own names. These latest bunches are beneath contempt, and neither has any specific plans for an airframe or even a type!
Dan O'Hagan

PreviousNext

Return to Aviation Waffle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 138EAW, Dunsfold, MicrolightDriver, sithrity, Wes_Howes, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests