Red Arrows v BBMF

Re: Red Arrows v BBMF

Postby capercaillie on Tue 02 Jan 2018, 4:45 pm

Will there be a prize for whoever sends the best cross over?

I'm also guessing the BBMF will be fielding Hawker HarryKane? :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby CJS on Tue 02 Jan 2018, 4:57 pm

Come on Caper, you can't start punning that well so early in the year. The rest of us have no chance!
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby speedbird2639 on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 10:06 am

Regrettably the pitch at Lincoln Utd has been declared unplayable for tomorrow’s match (combination of recent and forecast weather), so we have had to postpone until 14th March.

I love the way they have declared a pitch unplayable based on weather than hasn't happened yet. The Reds and BBMF - doing their best to disappoint the paying public and then blaming it on the weather.
speedbird2639

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 10:14 am

Haven't they got a standy routine for bad weather.....run straight up & down the pitch a few times or something ? :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby capercaillie on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 10:34 am

Brevet Cable wrote:Haven't they got a standy routine for bad weather.....run straight up & down the pitch a few times or something ? :biggrin:

Not really, if its too windy the BBMF just won't play. Also if too many spectators gather outside the ground, the Reds will be forced to play at an alternative venue. :sad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 11:27 am

BBMF cancelling because of weather. The Oxford English Dictionary might need to rewrite the entry for "irony".
Dan O'Hagan

Postby Degsy on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 2:42 pm

Gone tec then not even a flat display :roll:
Degsy

Postby BillRamsey on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 6:43 pm

Shame for the charities they were raising money for wouldn’t you say! Still put your feet up, have a pie, and watch the mighty Blues second 11 take on Norwich, probably about the same entertainment level. Maybe press the donate button for one of the charities. Maybe Dan could stream a charitable commentary? Maybe 558s Hangar will get built? Maybe too many maybes in there!

:biggrin: Bill
BillRamsey

Postby BigBlackCat on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 8:28 pm

Hammy wrote:It'll be interesting to see what formation the Reds play in.

The usual diamond formation in midfield will make it rather crowded..... :lol:
BigBlackCat

Postby Spiny Norman on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 4:25 pm

BillRamsey wrote:Shame for the charities they were raising money for wouldn’t you say! Still put your feet up, have a pie, and watch the mighty Blues second 11 take on Norwich, probably about the same entertainment level. Maybe press the donate button for one of the charities. Maybe Dan could stream a charitable commentary? Maybe 558s Hangar will get built? Maybe too many maybes in there!

:biggrin: Bill

Maybe when the three-ship Virgin Media Red Arrows (flying Grobs) and the Battle of Britain Memorial Spitfire are all the RAF have to contribute to the airshow circuit we'll rue the day we slagged them rotten.
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby FarnboroJohn on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:01 pm

BigBlackCat wrote:
Hammy wrote:It'll be interesting to see what formation the Reds play in.

The usual diamond formation in midfield will make it rather crowded..... :lol:

I trust the ref will take a dim view of any diving towards the crowd.

John
FarnboroJohn

Previous

Return to Aviation Waffle