Top 10 Airshow Moments of 2017

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Top 10 Airshow Moments of 2017

Post by UK Airshow Review »

Top 10 UK 'Airshow Moments' of 2017 - our run down of 10 of the 2017 UK Airshow season's greatest moments.

Image Image Image Image Image

Do you agree with our choices? Have your say in this thread, and let us know what your airshow highlights from the summer of 2017 were.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Re: Top 10 Airshow Moments of 2017

Post by tankbuster81 »

Seems quite a fair review to me, however i only visited Riat, Biggin and Headcorn. For me Riat was awful, but thats down to the fact that i visited on the Saturday in crap weather,and felt unwell to, but in saying that i hate the way the show is run nowadays, with a meagre crowdline, unless you wish to pay even more for an enclosure, awful on foot queue's to get in, keystone kop like security lines, which are pointless if you only search 1 in 10,as was the way it went as we queued, and too many corporate folk milling about.And being kicked out early evening these days, i see the show in decline, in the "Armstrong era".
Loved Biggin, showing how a family show can and should be run to. Quality over quantity, loved it!

Don't visit Duxford anymore, too expensive, and never been to Cosford, which looks good. Enjoyed your review, despite my thoughts.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

ted633

Post by ted633 »

Expected to see the 3 Hurricanes at the Old Warden Military Pageant & possibly the something from the evening airshow in June. After reading the list though, there's just no room for them! Shows how much quality there was on the scene over the course of the year. Long may it continue.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

ted633 wrote:Expected to see the 3 Hurricanes at the Old Warden Military Pageant & possibly the something from the evening airshow in June. After reading the list though, there's just no room for them! Shows how much quality there was on the scene over the course of the year. Long may it continue.

Aye, as much as we all moan 2017 was a good season, here’s to 2018 being even better!

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

I think having seen the Czech Hip perform in Belgium before I didn't appreciate how much of a rarity it is over here. I didn't think 2017 was a great year, mainly because of the weather but this list excellently highlights some of the wonderful individual displays that have shone through.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

boff180 wrote:
ted633 wrote:Expected to see the 3 Hurricanes at the Old Warden Military Pageant & possibly the something from the evening airshow in June. After reading the list though, there's just no room for them! Shows how much quality there was on the scene over the course of the year. Long may it continue.

Aye, as much as we all moan 2017 was a good season, here’s to 2018 being even better!

Amen to that Andy. :smile:
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

I didn't get to that many shows this year, and so reading this Review was very enjoyable.

I would add though that getting the Israeli Herc over for RIAT is something to be celebrated, even though it was a grey one (probably why it didn't make the Top Ten) :grin:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

Cole

Post by Cole »

tankbuster81 wrote:Seems quite a fair review to me, however i only visited RIAT, Biggin and Headcorn. For me RIAT was awful, but thats down to the fact that i visited on the Saturday in crap weather,and felt unwell to, but in saying that i hate the way the show is run nowadays, with a meagre crowdline, unless you wish to pay even more for an enclosure, awful on foot queue's to get in, keystone kop like security lines, which are pointless if you only search 1 in 10,as was the way it went as we queued, and too many corporate folk milling about.And being kicked out early evening these days, i see the show in decline, in the "Armstrong era".
Loved Biggin, showing how a family show can and should be run to. Quality over quantity, loved it!

Don't visit Duxford anymore, too expensive, and never been to Cosford, which looks good. Enjoyed your review, despite my thoughts.

Strongly recommend Cosford :tongue:
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

bestazy

Post by bestazy »

Don`t forget about the Northern Ireland International Airshow, Portrush. This year it is on 2nd and 2rd September 2017. Was absoljtely brilliant last year, despite the weather playing a little havoc wotwith h the schedule ?. Looking forward to this year’s show!