VC10 ZA148 engines fitted

VC10 ZA148 engines fitted

Postby Cornwall Aviation HC on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:50 pm

In November we managed to fit the four engines. What a brilliant job the team did. So good to see the aircraft looking complete again.
Thanks GJD Services.
We open on 4th Feb. If you are down these parts please do call in and see us. The centre is really progressing nicely and young and old will enjoy a visit here. We also have a great cafe so come and enjoy a Proper Cornish pasty :)

The link to see the VC10 is below. Follow us on Facebook @CornwallAHC Follow us on twitter @Cornwall_AHC

http://www.cornwallaviationhc.co.uk/fou ... tted-vc10/

Cheers all...
Cornwall Aviation HC

Re: VC10 ZA148 engines fitted

Postby minnie the moocher on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm

wish I lived closer
minnie the moocher

Postby Marka1967 on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 3:47 pm

I'm down your part of the world in May so I'll will be calling in to take a look around.
Marka1967

Postby ZD241_VC10 on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:58 pm

Great to hear. She'll look excellent now she is "complete".

Great support again from GJD, continuing their excellent work supporting our aviation heritage.
ZD241_VC10

Postby Craig on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 9:53 pm

Great to see the survivors of this beautiful type being well looked after in their retirement. Congratulations! If I'm down that way I'll certainly be visiting!
Craig
UKAR Staff

Postby aknott68 on Thu 25 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm

Just out of interest what was the reasoning behind removing the engine when she was decommissioned did the mod think they would get some money for them?
aknott68

Postby FGR2 on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:07 am

aknott68 wrote:Just out of interest what was the reasoning behind removing the engine when she was decommissioned did the mod think they would get some money for them?

I understood that the MOD wanted something around 8k per engine (or something like that).

Classic Air Force returned the engines to the MOD rather than extra pay for them.
FGR2

Postby John_E on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 4:38 pm

Visited with the family last summer and had the guided tour. Really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to anyone who’s in the area.
John_E

Postby aknott68 on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 6:00 pm

FGR2 wrote:
aknott68 wrote:Just out of interest what was the reasoning behind removing the engine when she was decommissioned did the mod think they would get some money for them?

I understood that the MOD wanted something around 8k per engine (or something like that).

Classic Air Force returned the engines to the MOD rather than extra pay for them.

I thought the only aircraft that used Conways were 707's and DC-8s - given the paucity of operators of these aircraft not sure why the MoD thought there was a market for these engines? So if they were removed in 2013 have the same engines now been put back in?
aknott68

Return to Aviation Waffle