G-APSA

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Kip Casper

Re: G-APSA

Post by Kip Casper »

A little more info here;

https://forum.keypublishing.com/showthr ... 2018/page2

Doesn't seem 5 mins since APSA was being run up at night shoots
http://www.gcse.com/english/there.htm - learn how to use 'their', 'there' and 'they're'.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

If, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the airframe corrosion & 'vandalism' to the spar aren't the sum total of issues & does indeed include three seized engines (somebody needs rogering if that's true!) :dunno:, then APSA isn't going to fly anywhere & certainly not for a mere 2 million outlay? :shock: It would need more investment, hangarage, min' of 18 months projected service/ repair programme & expediting to save on extended daily parking fees!
If it can be dismantled into re-buildable sections for transport south for £10K, that is surely the best achievable option? The only other financially viable option being removal by road in smaller jagged pieces for free? :hide:

Post by 106500 »

Gone rather quiet on this one, indeed and the rest of the erstwhile Airbase fleet (apart from the sad Meteor departure overseas) - anyone any news updates?

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Not sure what is happening with Buffalo.Those episodes are quite old as Joe has stepped down.Due to poor safety record Canadian authorities told them he had to leave and to get the company in order as a pre-condition to them getting their licence back as many of the aircraft were grounded.They have a website so assume they are still operating but a much more limited operation.

kinglear27

Post by kinglear27 »

106500 wrote:Gone rather quiet on this one, indeed and the rest of the erstwhile Airbase fleet (apart from the sad Meteor departure overseas) - anyone any news updates?

I believe G-APSA has been sold and will not be scrapped. Most of the Air Atlantique aircraft have moved on, or are remaining at Coventry for maintenance and hangarage. The 2 RVL DC3s (which are leased to RVL by Air Atlantique) are still airworthy. Still lots of activity left.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

AFIK PSA is going to St Athan by road, SIXC I believe is going to Bruntingthorpe?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Be fun getting that down the lanes, unless they break it down into very small sections.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Post by 106500 »

farnboroughrob wrote:AFIK PSA is going to St Athan by road, SIXC I believe is going to Bruntingthorpe?

Interesting - G-APSA return to flight at St Athan and SIXC nice posh lunches at Brunty - no more takeaway cheeseburgers and onions on CWJ days eh?! :lmao:

kinglear27

Post by kinglear27 »

106500 wrote:
farnboroughrob wrote:AFIK PSA is going to St Athan by road, SIXC I believe is going to Bruntingthorpe?

Interesting - G-APSA return to flight at St Athan and SIXC nice posh lunches at Brunty - no more takeaway cheeseburgers and onions on CWJ days eh?! :lmao:

I don’t think the plan for SA is a return to flight. Ground running only

Slinger65

Post by Slinger65 »

What was...and what might still be...

Slinger65

Panasonic Lumix FZ1000

G-ANPK

Post by G-ANPK »

After a recent trip to Coventry , during a conversation, I was told that-:
“G-APSA - is to go to St Athan, for a museum, and engines to be kept running". nothing about flying her again and
"G-SIXC – to be kept at Coventry, as part of a project for the airport. If this does not succeed it will also go to St Athan, in a few years time" I am not at liberty to tell you who told me this, but only time will tell if it is true or not.

G-ANPK

kinglear27

Post by kinglear27 »

G-ANPK wrote:After a recent trip to Coventry , during a conversation, I was told that-:
“G-APSA - is to go to St Athan, for a museum, and engines to be kept running". nothing about flying her again and
"G-SIXC – to be kept at Coventry, as part of a project for the airport. If this does not succeed it will also go to St Athan, in a few years time" I am not at liberty to tell you who told me this, but only time will tell if it is true or not.

G-ANPK

Yep. That’s what I heard...and the plans for APSA to engine run - look at the Historic and Classic Aircraft Sales Facebook Page and it is in the comments section on a post from 6th March too (see below).

Gary Spoors:
Yes Alan that's why I need to save my cash!!!
Historic and Classic Aircraft Sales:
Thats going to take a few wheel barrows of cash to get flying again ! Unless you keep it as a static.
Gary Spoors:
Engine running static is the plan, without detracting from any potential return to flight should the right opportunity arise.

Good news!