Typhoon in colour?

Typhoon in colour?

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 8:14 pm

Hi,

On the ‘fenceline’ At Marham today word was out that Conninsby are about to announce something special and it seems like a painted (decal I think) Typhoon.

Anyone know any more?
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Re: Typhoon in colour?

Postby 138EAW on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 8:30 pm

The display pilot hinted something on Twitter

Engineering Day on 29(R) Squadron so no flying today
We may have some BIG news coming very soon so keep checking back here....✈️
#BringTheNoise2018 #RAF100 #NoOrdinaryJob #MondayMotivation
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =31
GR4 =28, GR4(T) =3
138EAW

Postby cg_341 on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:12 pm

Black and red like the other corporate tails that have been done..?
cg_341

Postby Airshowhammer on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 1:04 pm

Raspberry ripple/ Tornado Gr1 camo/ all black with saint emblem on the tail Any of them will be fine by me! Any geniuses on here able to knock them up? :love:
Airshowhammer

Postby reheat module on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 3:06 pm

Anyone have a 100yr Birthday coming up soon...?
Canon systems
reheat module

Postby capercaillie on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 3:12 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:Raspberry ripple/ Tornado Gr1 camo/ all black with saint emblem on the tail Any of them will be fine by me! Any geniuses on here able to knock them up? :love:

Any of those would be totally inappropriate especially for 100 years of the RAF?
Raspberry ripple applied to test and research aircraft is nothing to do with the RAF. All black with a saint on the tail - I take it you're referring to previous 16 squadron special paints, a unit the Typhoon has never served with? The only active Typhoon unit with a Tornado GR heritage is 2 squadron (not counting 41 squadron as a front line unit) and I still don't see painting a display Typhoon up as a Tornado serves as a commemoration of 100 years of the RAF?

Surely you have to use the roundel colours of the RAF over RAF blue with appropriate 100 years scrolling to come up with a proper design? :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Airshowhammer on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 4:47 pm

capercaillie wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:Raspberry ripple/ Tornado Gr1 camo/ all black with saint emblem on the tail Any of them will be fine by me! Any geniuses on here able to knock them up? :love:

Any of those would be totally inappropriate especially for 100 years of the RAF?
Raspberry ripple applied to test and research aircraft is nothing to do with the RAF. All black with a saint on the tail - I take it you're referring to previous 16 squadron special paints, a unit the Typhoon has never served with? The only active Typhoon unit with a Tornado GR heritage is 2 squadron (not counting 41 squadron as a front line unit) and I still don't see painting a display Typhoon up as a Tornado serves as a commemoration of 100 years of the RAF?

Surely you have to use the roundel colours of the RAF over RAF blue with appropriate 100 years scrolling to come up with a proper design? :whistle:

Shows what i know! Union Jack Typhoon it is! :grin:
Airshowhammer

Postby effects on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 7:38 pm

29 Sqn's 1918 colours would be great, X's on sides of the fuselage and on tops of wings, massive full colour roundels all of this applied over a silver paint finish.
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
effects

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 11:24 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:
capercaillie wrote:

Shows what i know! Union Jack Typhoon it is! :grin:

oooh :up: :rock:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby Unknown74 on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 6:42 am

Maybe GiNA has been brought back? - Paint scheme repainted.......?
Unknown74

Postby capercaillie on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:41 am

effects wrote:29 Sqn's 1918 colours would be great, X's on sides of the fuselage and on tops of wings, massive full colour roundels all of this applied over a silver paint finish.

It would, however this is the 100th anniversary of the RAF, not the 100th anniversary of 29 squadron, so it should be something to represent the whole RAF. Lets face it anything more substantial than a corporate logo sticker will be something to be positive about.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Return to Aviation Waffle