KG651 return to flight

KG651 return to flight

Postby boff180 on Sun 04 Feb 2018, 10:23 pm

Evening guys, this was posted on Facebook this evening that might be of interest.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: KG651 return to flight

Postby wv383 on Sun 04 Feb 2018, 10:33 pm

boff180 wrote:Evening guys, this was posted on Facebook this evening that might be of interest.

Boff the link isn't showing up in your post for some reason
Simon
wv383

Postby boff180 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 8:35 am

Is it showing now? It's showing on my phone and work PC. I've changed the link from https to http.
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby ericbee123 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 8:37 am

It works in the FULL STYLE version on my iPhone but doesn’t work in the MOBILE STYLE version of the forum.

When I click SWITCH TO at the bottom of the page.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby st24 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 9:10 am

As much as I love Daks do we really need another airborne?? Just that money could help other projects of rarer types?? Just sayin..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Berf on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 9:48 am

Ok what happens after? Is that a one off to get it in the air for the event then back to the ground or.......???

and what actually is this organisation it is not too clear on the website....

and less the 6 months to raise the money - why was fund-raising not started earlier?
Berf

Postby Hammy on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 10:11 am

Berf wrote:less the 6 months to raise the money - why was fund-raising not started earlier?

Fundraising was started in 2014 with the formation of Dakotair Ltd, the company who was originally intended to operate the aircraft once it was back flying. That company has since been dissolved after the first fundraising drive came to very little.
Author, visionary, dreamweaver... Plus actor.

Threshold.aero
PSnet gallery
Hammy

Postby jalfrezi on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 10:48 am

I posted a question on their FB page around the ownership of this aircraft, and this was their reply:

The aircraft belongs to Metheringham Visitors Centre and RAFTCM is a part of its committee. So we are raising funds to restore, not acquire
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Postby Arthur Tee on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 1:13 pm

It worries me that, an organisation that was contacted and informed that populating Websites and Facebook pages with other people's images without their permission was not clever from a 'Copyright perspective' - and definitely not a good idea - continues to do so.

They subsequently were given permission to use mine - so long as due credit was given . Well - that shot above is mine (taken at Shawbury) - and still no sign of a credit....

God help them or anyone investing in them....

Arthur
Canon PowerShot SX40HS - It's not what you've got - it's what you do with it!
Arthur Tee

Postby pbeardmore on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 1:53 pm

Not sure about this actual project but in terms of education and trying to show kids what it was like re Arnham etc, (and the wider WW2 reality), a taxi or ride in a Dak IMHO is going to have a far bigger impact than seeing a Spit from 50 meters . I was lucky enough to fly in an Air Atlantique model and the noise, the smell, the shaking etc etc , a million miles away from modern air travel. All kids should ideally experience this and imagine then dropping from one.

Its a sad fact that relatively soon, our kids won't be able to speak to veterans. So we need projects like this more than ever.

There must be a strong eduational argument to be made re lottery funding and education surely? A flying classroom touring the UK with exhibits, audio etc? and airshows etc during school hols/weekends.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby SCARECROW 451 on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:08 pm

1wouldnt want to fly in that after seeing it tied down and shunted about ! Oh and various landrovers reversed into it !
ATC, BCU & 'A' SQN OPS @ TTTE, IPS & ATC HONINGTON, II(AC) SQN OPS & ATC MARHAM.
SCARECROW 451

Return to Aviation Waffle