Belgian Air Force F-16 Display Teaser Video

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
138EAW

Belgian Air Force F-16 Display Teaser Video

Post by 138EAW »

The BAF Facebook page has posted a teaser video for Senior captain Stephan ''Vador" Darte upcoming season. Including SIM work up

https://www.facebook.com/BelAirForce/vi ... 512522478/

Wonder if the Black and gold at the start of the video is a hint of the scheme. Vador posted the jet went into the spray shop last week. Was reported to be 1st Sqn ( whos squadron colours are Black &gold) pilot. He appears to be wearing an OCU patch though
Gary

harkins

Re: Belgian Air Force F-16 Display Teaser Video

Post by harkins »

Maybe my eyes are shot but I get a sense of a stylised Union Flag design through the golden haze. I'm probably reading too much into the RAF100 influence on everything too.

Witchcraft24

Post by Witchcraft24 »

Did I read at sometime on UKAR that the Belgians and the Dutch were going to take it in turns to put up a display F-16?
Is that still the case, and if so would this be the last year for the Belgians?
Although, if I recall correctly, Denmark was mentioned in the same post, yet the provided a demo at Yeovilton last year.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Witchcraft24 wrote:Did I read at sometime on UKAR that the Belgians and the Dutch were going to take it in turns to put up a display F-16?
Is that still the case, and if so would this be the last year for the Belgians?
Although, if I recall correctly, Denmark was mentioned in the same post, yet the provided a demo at Yeovilton last year.
There was talk about that a few years ago. As Belgium is now working up a new pilot after not having dropped off the scene since then, and the Dutch getting close to their OSD for the F-16, I think nothing came from it. Maybe we'll see something like that for the F-35, but I wouldn't be too sure about that.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Teaser posted on Twitter

Good evening everyone,

This is my first post as Demo pilot. First of all: thank you very much Gizmo to hand me over such an amazing Facebook page with over 12K followers and aviation fanatics!

I will use this page to share my experiences during the season, re-post the best pictures you send me and I hope to be able to provide you with an inside in the life of the demo team during the season. This page will be the tool I will use to keep you updated on the schedule of the season and all relevant in formations about the team. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need information on the team or which to find different content.

So where are we at this moment?

I started my initial training a few weeks ago. It all started by designing my routine and practicing it in the flight sim. My routine has been validated and I've been flying it a couple of time with a minimum altitude of 5.000 feet. As from next week , if the Belgian weather allows I will be granted to lower the training altitude to progressively descent to 500 feet, the Airshow minima.

In parallel I've been assigned the tail number FA101 as Demo Jet. The new design is awesome and will be very impressive. We decided to give the name of "Dark Falcon" to this new bird because of its paint scheme, my call sign and the fact that we are reaching 40 years of Fighting Falcon in the Belgian Air Force, quite a milestone to celebrate!

To conclude, this page is for you! Any suggestions are welcome, let's make it an interactive page centered on the F16 Solo Display where pictures , informations , thoughts will be shared amongst us: aviation lovers.

For those who follow me on Instagram I will continue to post the airborne pictures I take and of course part of those will be in relation to the SoloDisplay https://www.instagram.com/vador_pictures/

Enjoy your week-end and stay tuned for more shortly!

Vador
Gary

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

That's already looking really good, I hope it doesn't have a pink tail or something :P

harkins

Post by harkins »

Things are coming along in Belgium;

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/BelgianAirForceF16SoloDisplay/videos/2016641208609758/[/fb-post]

Also, scanning through the comments; at least three UK shows and a bit of a hint that Cosford will be one of them?

And further down RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day commented "Good work! We couldn’t make EAC this year but hopefully we’ll see you soon. Fly safe!"

RIAT, Yeovilton and Cosford I guess and not exactly unexpectedly.

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

New teaser

Gary