Prestwick US air ops.

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum

DonaldGrump

Re: Prestwick US air ops.

Post by DonaldGrump »

Nicola Sturgeon has stripped Trump of being an honorary Jock! She clearly has a very high opinion of herself. Who does that woman really think she is? :roll:

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

DonaldGrump wrote:Nicola Sturgeon has stripped Trump of being an honorary Jock! She clearly has a very high opinion of herself. Who does that woman really think she is? :roll:

I know! How dare she! Terrible thing to do! Imagine taking back a minor honour, bestowed to Trump by an SNP government in Scotland, after finding out Trump for what he really was!

Meanwhile elsewhere, Sirs are still being found out and keeping their honours. :handbag:

And let not the facts get in the way of a good story! Prestwick is much more to the local economy than a couple of Yanks a month! I also remember there was an agreement at one time where the American armed forces get free landing fees, but i dont know if that still stands. If true, no money made there.

And has any aircraft taken off from Prestwick to directly attack anyone? Has a tanker provided direct support for such an attack? I seriously doubt it!

And shock horror! The US commander in chief allows his servicemen a cheap round of golf! :surrender: One thing he has got right in his tenure!
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And? :dunno:
It's not as if it's only the last year or so that the American Military have been operating flights out of/ staging flights through Prestwick ( along with the British Military and - unless I'm mistaken - the Canadians )
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

Does anyone recall the days when the Canadian CF-104 MU was at Prestwick? :smile:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Be digging up Langey rendition and L3 'contractor' landings again. . .

CJS

Post by CJS »

DonaldGrump wrote:Nicola Sturgeon has stripped Trump of being an honorary Jock! She clearly has a very high opinion of herself. Who does that woman really think she is? :roll:

I would imagine it's just about the most popular thing she's done since taking charge of the SNP.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

neville wrote:Well Ms Sturgeon nearly got it right, she meant 'jerk' instead of 'jock', its all in the accent you see....

Nothing honorary about that!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Shocking stuff.

I hear that the base has also been used for transporting troops, some of whom encouraged stuff like "rock" and "roll".

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

Finningley Boy wrote:Does anyone recall the days when the Canadian CF-104 MU was at Prestwick? :smile:

FB :biggrin:

Yep, I recall seeing a hangar full of stored CF-104s in 1971 next door to the Bulldog production line. If I recall correctly There was a CF-104 test pilot stationed with Scottish Aviation for doing post maintenance test flights. :up:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Jetnoise

Post by Jetnoise »

Yup - A friend and I had a "Self-Guided Tour" round that hangar in 1973, if I remember correctly there were about 20 of them being refurbished for sale to Norway.
Those were the days!

Cheers,
Ralph
www.ralphluntphotography.com
www.jetnoise.co.uk
There's only one way to skin a cat - with a very sharp knife.