Civvy aircraft reggies

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Civvy aircraft reggies

Post by toom317 »

Taking shots of airliners flying high whilst waiting for action in the Low Level areas, I've noticed more than a few airliners don't have a reg on the underside of a wing. Are civvy aircraft supposed to have a reg underwing, or is it optional?
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

ArabJazzie

Re: Civvy aircraft reggies

Post by ArabJazzie »

Depends on the country. UK is a yes and USA are a no.

Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

Thanks Geoff.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

Shortfinals

Post by Shortfinals »

toom317 wrote:Taking shots of airliners flying high whilst waiting for action in the Low Level areas, I've noticed more than a few airliners don't have a reg on the underside of a wing. Are civvy aircraft supposed to have a reg underwing, or is it optional?

Also, if it is an ex-military aircraft, wearing a military scheme (by agreement), it has to carry the civilian registration in the cockpit/flightdeck on a tasteful little plaque.

Which is why ours will have 'G-FBVI' placed there!
Director, Engineering & Airframe Compliance, The People's Mosquito Ltd
Principal, Air Show Consultants

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

Shortfinals wrote:
toom317 wrote:Taking shots of airliners flying high whilst waiting for action in the Low Level areas, I've noticed more than a few airliners don't have a reg on the underside of a wing. Are civvy aircraft supposed to have a reg underwing, or is it optional?

Also, if it is an ex-military aircraft, wearing a military scheme (by agreement), it has to carry the civilian registration in the cockpit/flightdeck on a tasteful little plaque.

Which is why ours will have 'G-FBVI' placed there!

All UK civil aircraft have to have this, which when i was fitting em was a plastic block in the cockpit and a small stainless steel plate on the airframe or in the cockpit. From what i see these days, its usually just the stainless steel plate in the cockpit.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!