RAF at 100 - BBC TV

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
starbuck

Re: RAF at 100 - BBC TV

Post by starbuck »

jules48 wrote:We all know about the 1st and 2nd world wars and the atrocities that happened from our parents and grandparents.Do not need a well paid actor and his ex RAF brother to tell us about it and basically have a jolly flying in a typhoon.

Ok I'll bite. I had one grandfather in the RAF and hated every minute of it and the other one was in the Navy. And neither of them knew sod all about the Berlin airlift. My son watched the documentary from his university digs. Unfortunately he wasn't old enough to be able to get the first hand accounts from his great grandparents about the RAF.

What a ridiculous post. :facepalm:

Jakesplanes

Post by Jakesplanes »

I thoroughly enjoyed the intro: we’ll meet the people behind our greatest missions”... shows Sea Harrier...
IG profile "jakesplanes"

Reddog111

Post by Reddog111 »

Just saw the programme on catch up.

Good TV watching.

I agree that they have to show the glamour parts, but maybe, as a quick roll call every decade, to show where the RAF has operated throughout the world.
Something brief, and overview, so that many people didn't feel left out.
A lot of glam to pilots, but what about logistic support, tech training, modern RAF, international swaps, Maritime protection patrols over the North sea, ground crews etc.

Some brief mentions of defending Bosnia, Middle East conflicts, humanitarian relief, and of course, Air/Sea rescue around the United Kingdom coastline could have been acknowledged.

Impossible to cover all, but a nod would have been more complete.

Still enjoyed it though !

Paul.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook