What do you do with your photos?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
paullangford

Re: What do you do with your photos?

Post by paullangford »

Most don't make the cull

The ones that do I archive, share, sell, or donate to various aviation charities :cuppa:

AMB

Re: What do you do with your photos?

Post by AMB »

neville wrote:I used to know someone who would shoot a lot of repetitive pictures of the same aircraft, and when i asked him why he did that he told me that he used to
exchange with other photographers around the world.

Nice idea i thought and so much easier now in the days of digital imaging and the internet.

Yes indeed, in the late '60s and right up until I went digital, I had around 25 correspondents around the world as we would all shoot several slides of anything interesting to exchange with eachother. Was a costly business in those days, so thank goodness for digital technology.....I can now afflord holidays!!

neville wrote:500,000 slides, wow that's some collection. I thought i had a goodly number but nowhere near that sort of quantity.

May i ask, when you have scanned them do you retain the original, some folks then discard them?

I don't trust even today's technology and I do know that if you mess with digital images, they can get corrupted, so therefore I don't discard the original slides, so they can be re-scanned if required. Furthermore, there is a nostalgia element attached to the slides,as each slide is a piece of aviation history and has been through my camera as a specific place and time. Holding up a Kodachrome card-mounted original slide has a charm of its own and something you can get hold of, unlike a digital image.
Adrian