RAF E-7 Wedgetails?

Switch to full style
Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Post a reply

Re: RAF E-7 Wedgetails?

Sun 24 Jun 2018, 3:21 pm

GertrudetheMerciless wrote:The worry of course is that having broken ground on a 737 facility at Lossiemouth, they’ll put a smaller AEW fleet at Lossie too. Nothing like moving a fleet away from an area that it’s core manpower is in!

The RAF high ups wouldn’t allow it. I well remember “yes, prime minister” when it was sugg stead moving the army barracks up north to unemployment blackspots to create jobs. “The generals would never allow it. It’s too far from Harrods”

Sun 24 Jun 2018, 7:30 pm

Red Dragon wrote:
GertrudetheMerciless wrote:The worry of course is that having broken ground on a 737 facility at Lossiemouth, they’ll put a smaller AEW fleet at Lossie too. Nothing like moving a fleet away from an area that it’s core manpower is in!

The RAF high ups wouldn’t allow it. I well remember “yes, prime minister” when it was sugg stead moving the army barracks up north to unemployment blackspots to create jobs. “The generals would never allow it. It’s too far from Harrods”

Yeah, well, now the Army's in the late RAF Leuchars, right? Just remember who does the fighting and who does the talking these days. Senior officers wanting a K and a big pension know which side their bread is buttered.

Sun 24 Jun 2018, 10:01 pm

Red Dragon wrote:

They said that about Poseidon, seeing as much of the maritime expertise had upped stocks to Lincolnshire!
Post a reply