BBMF timings

BBMF timings

Postby capercaillie on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 11:15 am

Can anyone point me in the direction of where the BBMF have their flypast timings posted. It may be on twitter or facebook or something which means I may not be able to see it as I'm a social media dinosaur, but I'm after what time the Lancaster will be at Shobdon this weekend for its flypast. Any help appreciated. :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Re: BBMF timings

Postby ericbee123 on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 11:20 am

Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/BBMF.Official

But don’t usually post them up until Thursday or Friday.

Also could try Brevet’s Weekender NOTAMS when he posts them tomorrow ( or Friday ).
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby stuart n on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 11:20 am

Keep an eye on their Twitter account, the timings are usually released on Thursday or Friday : https://twitter.com/RAFBBMF?lang=en-gb
stuart n

Postby capercaillie on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 11:25 am

Excellent, cheers for the answers. :up:
capercaillie

Postby ericbee123 on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 11:26 am

Had a look at the NOTAM and it says :

SCHEDULE: JUN 30 1410-1610, JUL 01 1235-1435

So not much help other than it’s somewhere between 3:10 and 5:10pm on the Saturday.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby NAM Updater on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 11:33 am

Just a note of caution re the 'published' timings; sometimes the published times vary to what organisers are notified by the pilots.

During last weekend's Cockpit-Fest I was the contact at NAM and the timings I was advised by the pilots, were different on both days to what was published mid-week e.g. on Saturday it varied by 10 minutes, while on Sunday by 2 hours.

Two brilliant flypasts by the BBMF took place at the times that I was told, not what was on the schedule.

As ever I still got it in the neck from a few visitors asking why I made them appear too early!! :dizzy: :surrender:
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
9 March 2019, Day/Night Photo Shoot
http://newarkairmuseum.org
NAM Updater

Postby IP1960 on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 9:56 pm

The Lancaster is due just after 4.00 on Saturday, and the Hurricane/Spitfire pair just after 2.30 on Sunday.
IP1960

Postby capercaillie on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 8:38 am

IP1960 wrote:The Lancaster is due just after 4.00 on Saturday, and the Hurricane/Spitfire pair just after 2.30 on Sunday.

Much obliged everyone for the information. :up: :smile:
capercaillie

Postby st24 on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 11:32 am

capercaillie wrote:
IP1960 wrote:The Lancaster is due just after 4.00 on Saturday, and the Hurricane/Spitfire pair just after 2.30 on Sunday.

Much obliged everyone for the information. :up: :smile:

16.10 and 14.35 respectively according to latest programme. Lanc at 15.50 at Old Warden so a good time again!!

I'll drop you a text when he leaves Alrewas (15.25)!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby capercaillie on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 11:53 am

Cheers mate. :smile:
capercaillie

Postby Seahornet on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 2:51 pm

I believe the Lanc is also flying the length of the Severn Valley Railway on Saturday (don't know haw it passed gauging, though... :whistle: ).
And as the smart ship grew,
In stature, grace and hue,
In shadowy silent distance grew the iceberg too....
Seahornet

Return to Aviation Waffle